• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols Disappearing / Not Showing in Motion Tween?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me with these symbol issues, because I'm about over and done with Animate.

To preface, I've searched everywhere for an explanation to this and can only find answers on how symbols in a motion tween need to be on their own layer / their own symbol. I've since made all of my symbols their own layer / motion tween in the timeline and the disappearing is still an issue.

What I'm trying to do is make a fade in for multiple symbols at the same time - these symbols are invisible unless zoomed into 100%.
The other symbol that's giving me issues, is a moving symbol that's animated to go up and down following a chicken walking - this one is visible until a certain time in the timeline and then it just disappears as if the symbol was deleted.

I'm currently running into 2 issues with symbols:

1. When zoomed in at 100% the symbols / graphics are visible, when zoomed to fit the stage in the screen (or anything below 100%) my symbols disappear from view. They're still there, physically, but they're completely invisible unless I'm zoomed in to 100%.
  2. Similar to above, some of my symbols aren't visible when scrubbing through or playing the timeline (unless viewed at %100) and they are not published in the final video / image sequence.

If it helps, I'm running Adobe Animate CC Version 18.0 (Build 107), with these computer specs:

Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
16GB RAM64 Bit

I've worked in Flash before and never had this issue, but this is my first time really working with Animate.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Ayamii​ okay it's definitely a bug but there is a work-around. I removed all transformations to your bitmap inside of Animate. It's quite large. Over 5,000 pixels. When I have the bitmap set to 100% in Animate and reduce the stage magnification, it doesn't disappear.

I recommend editing the original bitmap to something along the lines of 1024x1024 or maybe 2x that size if you need to scale it larger. basically set it to what you think the largest scale will need to be for quality-sake.

Make it sma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That is the most bizarre issue I have heard. My gut tells me this is a system/video card/RAM issue but your system specs look fine to me.

Is there any way you can provide access to your FLA for us to download and open and hopefully reproduce - or do you have a different machine to test the same FLA on?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey _keyframer!

Sorry it took me a bit to respond, I'm at work atm.

Here's a link to download the FLA file:

WeTransfer

The only symbol I'm having issues with is the one titled "MG" and every variant of it.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the original .PNG file itself, as I have another FLA file that uses the same .PNG's and I'm having the same disappearing issues with the "MG" file, but no others.

Thanks for taking a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayamii​ just getting to this now. Yes I can confirm this is happening on my end also. Very weird. Looking into it and will report back asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayamii​ okay it's definitely a bug but there is a work-around. I removed all transformations to your bitmap inside of Animate. It's quite large. Over 5,000 pixels. When I have the bitmap set to 100% in Animate and reduce the stage magnification, it doesn't disappear.

I recommend editing the original bitmap to something along the lines of 1024x1024 or maybe 2x that size if you need to scale it larger. basically set it to what you think the largest scale will need to be for quality-sake.

Make it smaller and re-import the image. You'll have to adjust/modify the symbol that holds it on the stage but at least it won't disappear.

Also I noticed at 100% it's visible but if you magnify the stage larger, it's still visible. it's only when you go below 100%. Must be the way Animate renders very large bitmaps below 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lowering the .PNG size worked! c:

Thank you so much!! You saved me a ton of extra work.

I didn't even think that the original file size would be the issue, I'll have to keep that in mind for future animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be checking to see if this my problem and the reason I'm going nuts today!

FYI:  I took it a step farther and created a .mov and the graphic STILL disappeared even when output, so Animate REALLY doesn't like a large .png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, now almost 2 years later this problem isn't solved. Can't you fix it with one of the nearly montly updates? Is the way you've shown the only to fix this problem? 'Cause I thought that the disappearing is a bug in animate and fixed after rendering now i've read this post.... I'm already finished but now it seems to get in a new round 😕

I hope you can help me with an easier way to fix it..it would be helpful if there was a program-switch-button like in earlier photoshop/imageready versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here also ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines