Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync voice over and subtitles

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team

I am developing a 2D animation in Adobe Animate HTML5 canvas which has voice over and subtitles.

Unfortunately, after exporting and opening the project in a browser, I observe that the voice starts earlier and keeps on playing while the subtitle lags behind. Not able to sync both of them.

It is a priority project.

Seeking your expert advise to rectify the same please.

Regards

Vinod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions of Animate added Stream sync to HTML5 Canvas. If that's what you are using, change the previously set Event sync to be Stream. That may well fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Colin. Will check and update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin

Selecting stream seems to work. Thank you.

However, a new issue has cropped up.

My Adobe Animate project has a 2D animation and a voice over explanation with subtitles. My earlier issue was voice over and subtitles not matching. But after selecting "stream", that is solved. The new one the the voice + subtitles together are not gelling with the 2D animation. The 2D compenents were illustrated in adobe illustrator and imported into animate as AI file.

Seeking your support in helping me sync all the elements in my animate project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have set the sync to Stream, you can then scrub the timeline, and you will hear the audio. Change the 2D animation to be in time with the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin

Thank you for the reply. I'm quite new to HTML5. So sorry for the noob question.

How to scrub the timeline and how to change the 2D animation to be in time with the audio?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines