• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tab-index property for movie clip (canvas)?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows if Is it possible to set the tab-index property for movie clips in Animate CC (HTML5 canvas)?

Thanks,

Coty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Coty,

I feared already this might be the case. The place to add accessibility features should be actually a future EaselJS. Just similar like in AS3 it needs a few methods and properties like tabIndex, tabEnabled and the like for screen readers on interactive elements like buttons, dynamic texts and movieclips. Let's keep that in the pipeline.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi coty_hsu

Good question. I guess it's related to accessibie content issues. I wonder about this since a while, did this significant subject matter vanish a little from the focus of general attention over the years.

So here is a page from Adobe on Creating accessible content in Adobe Animate CC . There are several mentions of Select Window > Other Panels > Accessibility. The page has been last published and obviously updated in September 2016. The Other Panel -> Accessibility is gone in the latest releases of Animate (v19.0, v19.1). I'm not sure when that actually happened and why?

However there are informations about Use ActionScript to create a tab order for accessible objects. Things like tabIndex, tabChildren() or tabEnabled(). But this is Actionscript 3. I'm not sure how these thing stand in Animate HTML5 Canvas. Perhaps the use of accessible Components is a possible approach.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your respond, the latest Animate CC merge the stand alone accessibility panel into the properties panel (only in as3 document), it seems that the only workaround for HTML5 canvas is to use the DOM elements and place it on top of the canvas.

Regards,

Coty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coty,

I feared already this might be the case. The place to add accessibility features should be actually a future EaselJS. Just similar like in AS3 it needs a few methods and properties like tabIndex, tabEnabled and the like for screen readers on interactive elements like buttons, dynamic texts and movieclips. Let's keep that in the pipeline.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, assigning tab order with tabIndex does not work in ANCC canvas. I just tried to use a function to reassign tabs to elements for which I randomized the position and no joy!

This for one element should have worked but I suppose it is still not supported.

this.button.tabIndex = "1";      // does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a page of the same topic 16 August 2018 (two years later)

Creating accessible content in Adobe Animate CC

Still I can't find anything particular about tabIndex in Canvas documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This subject is also discussed in this thread:

ADA for Banners, Part II - Banner Animation - GreenSock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines