Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Test movie not playing - says "Error opening URL 'file:////Volumes/etc/.swf' "

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

An error started occurring last week where Animate has stopped playing test movies on newly created files. It has been about 3 months since using Animate last (with no issues), for what that's worth.

When I try to play the test movie (Command+Option+Return or using the menu bar: Control>TestMovie>In Animate):

1.The usual progress bar saying "Exporting SWF Movie" appears.

2. Then a new window opens, which usually plays the test movie. Instead, the window is all white. No sounds or images play. It will stay open as long as you let it.

3. Upon closing it, the error window appears (see attached file).

Any older files created prior to last week can still play their test movies fine. But for any new file, no luck.

I was using version 2019 or 2020, I forget (it was still the Orange logo). I thought perhaps I needed to update my version of Animate, so I installed the updated version (and selected "remove older versions"). However, this problem persists even with the latest version. On average I make <1minute animations so they're not huge projects.

My projects are almost always just .pngs and an .aif sound file, 1920x1080. Frame rate 24.00 and Action Script 3.0. I'm not building my files any differently than before.

Last, I'll also note that the Animate icon on my dock is tiny (see attachment)! So, overall weirdness going on.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new folder in a non-networked drive

create a new as3 project

save the fla to that new folder on that local drive

test

if there's no problem, test your problematic fla

if the same error occurs, reset your preferences - https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

kglad_0-1612883681912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad wrote:

create a new folder in a non-networked drive

Hi!

I'm having the same problem on a network drive but not locally. Is this a known bug, and are there any workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I found this article now. Soo apparently flash should never be used on network drives. Well done, flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe programs have many and varied problems with networked drives, hence my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines