• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text doesn't show when Animate file exported to Photoshop.

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have created a single frame illustration in Animate, which I exported as a .png file into Photoshop for printing. (Export from Animate as png/Video Layer/new video layer from file in Photoshop). Everything works perfectly, except that text in the Animate illustration does not show up in the Photoshop image. I tried converting the text into a graphic Symbol, buit it still does not show up in Photoshop. Can anyone give any advice about this? Thanks for any tips.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

How bizarre! I wonder whether exporting as SVG directly from ANiamte would save you some steps? Not sure what would cause the text to disappear but have seen this happen from time to time with HTML5 Canvas documents with specific publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What document type are you using in Animate and what command are you using to generate a PNG? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Joseph.

I have now resolved the problem. I created the enclosed image as an illustration on one frame in Animate.

To print it, I exported  the image to Photoshop, but the text didn't show up. How I resolved it was, I exported out of Animate as an .svg. That opened perfectly in Illustrator. Then I exported it out of Illustrator as a .psd file. - It then opened perfectly in Photoshop, ready for printing.

Regards.

RHA Gun Team 20RHA Gun Team 20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How bizarre! I wonder whether exporting as SVG directly from ANiamte would save you some steps? Not sure what would cause the text to disappear but have seen this happen from time to time with HTML5 Canvas documents with specific publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines