Highlighted

this.stop(); prevents preview working

New Here ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just built a HTML5 Banner using Adobe Animate, and I do wish it to stop looping. A lot of people have complained that this.stop(); isn't working. However for me after I have added this into actions, and press CTRL ENTER to preview the animation -- i just get a blank page. When i remove this.stop(); it works fine. So there is something wrong with this script.

I can't find the setting about combined Sprint files either.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

this.stop(); prevents preview working

New Here ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just built a HTML5 Banner using Adobe Animate, and I do wish it to stop looping. A lot of people have complained that this.stop(); isn't working. However for me after I have added this into actions, and press CTRL ENTER to preview the animation -- i just get a blank page. When i remove this.stop(); it works fine. So there is something wrong with this script.

I can't find the setting about combined Sprint files either.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this.stop() attached to the last frame of the main timeline?

if so, what's your console show?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2019 0
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are you putting the stop? it should be at the end of your animation in the timeline.

/*

Stop a Movie Clip/Video

Stops the specified movie clip or video.

*/

_this.stop();

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 6.46.47 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stop action is at the very end of the banner on the last keyframe, and there are no errors in the console. Its just blank.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019 0
kglad LATEST
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you click control>test movie>in browser?

if so did you check the developer's console in your browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019 1