Highlighted

Tilted Selection box while Editing a Symbol HAS GOT TO GO!

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team Animate, who does this option help? And why is this surprisingly major inconvenience not have a Preference Option to toggle it off?

And yes, I realize I can Hot Key Command E, to independently edit the symbol and selection box is straightened back out. But I think most illustrators would agree, we double-click into a symbol to edit it to see its relation to other drawn objects in the scene.

I'm a 20 year user of the program, from the Macromedia days, please turn this off. It just doesn't make any sense at all, and it's just jarring to long time users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tilted Selection box while Editing a Symbol HAS GOT TO GO!

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team Animate, who does this option help? And why is this surprisingly major inconvenience not have a Preference Option to toggle it off?

And yes, I realize I can Hot Key Command E, to independently edit the symbol and selection box is straightened back out. But I think most illustrators would agree, we double-click into a symbol to edit it to see its relation to other drawn objects in the scene.

I'm a 20 year user of the program, from the Macromedia days, please turn this off. It just doesn't make any sense at all, and it's just jarring to long time users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 31, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry I'm at a loss. Could you supply a screenshot of this tilted selection box. When I Edit a Symbol in Place I can't see such a tilted box. And please tell us which OS and Animate CC version you are on.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think this issue has been fixed in the latest release of Animate CC.

What version are you using?

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 1