• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline markers, layer colours, notations

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been several tears since I last used Flash to create numerous animations.

I've forgotten a lot, although I see many similarities now, in Animate.

1.     I would like to have a way to change the colours on various layers in the timeline -- to make it easier to see which layer I'm working on without having to find the layer in the list at the left, then follow it bach to the frame(s) I'm editing. Right now I have many adjacent layers that are all the same color (purple?) for no reason that seems of use to me.

2.     I also seem to remember there was a way to add small notations to the upper timeline -- keyed to a particular frame number. I can't find that feature (if it ever existed) now.

3.     In the Animate CC Help manual -- page 227 - Customizing the Timeline view -- it says:  "To turn the tinting of frame sequences on or off, select Tinted Frames.".  I can't find this option in the Frame View pulldown menu in the timeline.

I hope someone can help.

I'm an Old-School type (comes with getting old) and while I understand the economy of online manuals, I much preferred the print versions. The present ones are not user-friendly and they seem to contain less useful information. (End of rant).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Animate IS Flash.

The only reason for the name change is some clumsy PR attempt.

1. Not available yet.

2. Possible.

Select a keyframe in the Timeline. Go to the Properties Inspector and in the Label Name field type your notation starting with //

Clipboard-1.png

Press ENTER. It will appear on the timeline

Clipboard-2.png

3. That 'tinting' in the old manual refers to the grey tint. Turning it off used to make the timeline all white.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, n. tilcheff...

That's about what I expected. What you were able to suggest has already been useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines