• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Not Accurate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to animate and everything seemed to be going well, but when I preview the movie it is much slower than it's supposed to be.  It's set at 24 fps, but seems to be playing closer to 12 fps.  Thus, the 30 second video ends up taking closer to 60 seconds.  I've read through some comments on this by people with similar problems, but the solutions do not work.  I saved and reopened the project with no improvement.  I tried changing the preview mode to fast, no luck.  I exported it to my desktop and this made no difference either as the finished product plays at the same speed.  This obviously makes it difficult to pair audio to the video as the timeline is useless.  When I did pair the audio to it, the audio plays at the correct speed, but the video continues to play somewhere around 12 fps.  Does anyone know how to correct this?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'preview" are you actually rendering it out as an swf or mov file or are you just looking at it from within Animate? Depending on how heavy the art you create is you might never be able to see the preview in real time due to the detail of the vectors but rendering a movie should work fine even if a swf bogs down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Asymetrical​ mentioned, your animation will likely not play at the intended full FPS based on several factors: amount of vectors moving at the same time, the size of these objects that are being animated, stage size, video card limitations, etc. Lowering the Preview Mode as you have will help but typically exporting to SWF to test is a very good indicator as is exporting to video format. Also, your imported audio should be set to "Stream" behaviour to ensure it is in sync with the the timeline.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines