• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline not scrubbing when I press the arrow keys

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing the left and right arrow keys isn't making the red timeline thingy move at all. Clicking and dragging it still works, but the audio is so stuttery it might as well be tv static. and the play button is just fine, but it's frustrating and not very efficient having to put every section of the audio on loop trying to pause at just the right moment. I checked the keyboard shortcuts. It seems like the , and . keys work to move forward and back frames but the audio doesn't scrub at all when I use them. The arrow keys were working just fine a minute ago when I made the file. I saved and closed it to go make lunch, (and didn't do anything else to it) and when I opened it again suddenly the arrow keys wouldn't work. And this isn't an issue with just the audio not scrubbing, the arrow keys aren't moving anything on the drawing layer either. Maybe the keys are jammed and the program is fine, but considering things were going perfect just an hour ago I doubt that's it. Sorry, I'm probably missing something really simple and obvious. I'm good at drawing but a little slow with all the computer stuff

TOPICS
Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you've defined the arrow keys to move the selected timeline frame, they won't do that.  by default, they move the selected object (left and right) and the period and comma move the selected timeline frame.  ie, edit your keyboard shortcuts.

(and streaming sound is only useable when playing the timeline, not scrubbing etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou was looking everywhere for this crazy to find it buried in a reply from 2 years ago rather than in Adobe documentation buy hey that's life I guess - you probably won't even read this but if you do have a good one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines