• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

timeline timing isnt the same as test movie, why?

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've been tweaking a video i'm making with audio and animation, when i press play on the timeline it is perfect, but when i run a test movie in animate, the timing is off.  Why is this and how do i fix it please? 

thank you

x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

set your sound's sync property to stream, not event. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that's how it is. The timeline in the editor usually can't keep up with realtime.

If you're trying to synch animation with audio, you should have your audio sync set to Stream anyway, which forces the timeline to skip frames if necessary to keep up with the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost always the compiled SWF will playback smoother than trying to play the timeline inside Animate CC. As mentioned already, set your sound to Stream behaviour (Properties Panel) to embed it in the timeline and the result is forcing the play head to play the sound to the FPS.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines