Highlighted

Too high a resolution for Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I'm having a curious experience right now. I have two monitors, one is a 5K display of my 8 Core iMac Pro (3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32G Ram, Radeon Pro Vega 56 Graphics), and the second monitor is a Wacom Cintiq 27" QHD Touch. So both screens are 27", but one is 5K, and the other is QHD.

When running Animate on the Cintiq monitor, everything is super smooth. On the 5K display however, it's a bit choppy, everything from animation playback to moving keyframes around on the timeline.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Is there anyone at Adobe who might have some ideas?

Personally, it feels to me like the resolution is just too high, considering that animate deals in vector, and it's trying to show this extremely high resolution video but not being able to do it. But what do i know I'm just an animator, not a software guy.

Cheers!
Jordan River

❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Too high a resolution for Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I'm having a curious experience right now. I have two monitors, one is a 5K display of my 8 Core iMac Pro (3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32G Ram, Radeon Pro Vega 56 Graphics), and the second monitor is a Wacom Cintiq 27" QHD Touch. So both screens are 27", but one is 5K, and the other is QHD.

When running Animate on the Cintiq monitor, everything is super smooth. On the 5K display however, it's a bit choppy, everything from animation playback to moving keyframes around on the timeline.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Is there anyone at Adobe who might have some ideas?

Personally, it feels to me like the resolution is just too high, considering that animate deals in vector, and it's trying to show this extremely high resolution video but not being able to do it. But what do i know I'm just an animator, not a software guy.

Cheers!
Jordan River

❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So 27 is on meant to display 2560 x 1440. Whereas the iMac 5k is meant to display 5120 × 2880.

So what I would do to fix this is set your display resolution for the 27inch Wacom to 2560 x 1440 that should fix the issue.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.

Select Scaled, then select one of the options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nick, both screens are already displaying at their default resolution, the ones that you are suggesting is already what it's running at.

Also, things work fine on the Wacom, it's the 5K display where things are not running smooth.

Any other thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 0