• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

too much recursion error - too many frames?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert my old animations into HTML5 Canvas projects for my clients. The number of difficulties encountered is ridiculous. Now I get a "too much recursion" error (InternalError: too much recursion - JavaScript | MDN ). This is basically a "preemptive" stack overflow.

I have removed all custom javascript code from my project. This is definitely coming exclusively from the code generated by Animate, not manually written code. It goes away when I drastically reduce the number of frames in my movieclips. Does anyone have any helpful information on this error and how to get around it? Is there a maximum number of frames for movie clips in Canvas projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Hi.

I'm sorry about that.

It happened to me this week and the reason was because I had a very long shape tween animation in the main timeline.

Can you verify if you have something similar?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm sorry about that.

It happened to me this week and the reason was because I had a very long shape tween animation in the main timeline.

Can you verify if you have something similar?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes JC, I can confirm that there are several tweens, simple fade-ins and fade-outs using the alpha channel as well as some tweening of the X and Y position. When fading in and out I didn't bother creating a separate keyframe. So the fade-in, fade-out, and the long period of it being displayed at full opacity is indeed one very long tween. I will try to restructure this and see if it helps. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

Wherever possible, please consider using classic tweens instead of shape tweens.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed the tweens and replaced them with Classic tweens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines