Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking and animating with bone tool

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, 

Having a bit of trouble with the bone tool. I'm probably missing something simple. 

I have some real footage of a ladybird, and I want to give it some cartoon arms. Each arm is made of 3 movie clips (upper, lower and hand) which I have connected with the bone tool. 

I want to first keyframe throughout the video and make sure the arm joint follows / tracks the ladybird. So i create a keyframe, move the arm to the correct place, next keyframe, move the arm, etc... 

Once the arm appears to move with the ladybird, I want to start animating the arm itself... the problem, now I have a keyframe on every frame of the bone rig, so I can't create any tweens of the actual flexing and kinetics of the arm. 

Is there a way to do the tracking of the whole arm first in a way that I can still go back and animate the positions of the arm afterwards?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I figured out I could nest the whole bone armature inside a graphic symbol, then use the graphic for tracking. Only problem now is that when I double click the graphic to start animating the bones inside it, the video background, or any of the main stage animation, does not play while I am animating inside the graphic, so I've no idea where I am in the video...  is it possible to have the video play while I am inside the graphic? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines