Highlighted

transfer animate work

New Here ,
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I use Animate for making sprite animations and such. My old computer decided to stop connecting to the internet because its old. I got a new computer and now need to find out how to get my work which is still in progress onto the new computer. I have an external harddrive I plan to put everything on. What should I take so that I can keep working on my project?

hi eishiba

Roughly speaking: Install the Creative Cloud Desktop App your new computer (I presume your have CC subscription)

Download: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Instructions: How to download Creative Cloud desktop app

Then after you've signed in and all that, install Animate CC from the Desktop App (and whatever else you desire)

Use your external harddrive to transfer all files/folders that contain your Animate projects from your old to your new computer.

It will be a bit more complicated if you want to transfer your user preferences to your new computer. For example if you self-defined a series of keyboard shortcuts in Animate and you like to continue using them. For this case we need to know your OS. Windows of MacOS ?

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

transfer animate work

New Here ,
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I use Animate for making sprite animations and such. My old computer decided to stop connecting to the internet because its old. I got a new computer and now need to find out how to get my work which is still in progress onto the new computer. I have an external harddrive I plan to put everything on. What should I take so that I can keep working on my project?

hi eishiba

Roughly speaking: Install the Creative Cloud Desktop App your new computer (I presume your have CC subscription)

Then after you've signed in and all that, install Animate CC from the Desktop App (and whatever else you desire)

Use your external harddrive to transfer all files/folders that contain your Animate projects from your old to your new computer.

It will be a bit more complicated if you want to transfer your user preferences to your new computer. For example if you self-defined a series of keyboard shortcuts in Animate and you like to continue using them. For this case we need to know your OS. Windows of MacOS ?

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2019 0
Advocate ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi eishiba

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019 0