Exit

Transparent Background in Animate + Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry this is a specific answer I'm looking for :s

I'm pretty new at using adobe products and for a project at school I have to create an animation, I was planning on doing the foreground and character animation in Animate CC then imposing it on separately moving backgrounds/still images, when editing it in Premiere Pro.

Could anyone give me some advice of how to go about this?

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Make your animation and export it as video. In the export dialog you'll see an option to send it to Adobe Media Encoder, don't do that. Also look for an Ignore Stage Color (generate alpha channel) box. Do check that.

You should end up with a 32 bit MOV file that you can layer on top of the backgrounds in Premiere.

BTW, it's also possible that Premiere can import the SWF of the animation. Try making the animation as an ActionScript FLA, then Test Movie until it looks good, and import the SWF you ge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your animation and export it as video. In the export dialog you'll see an option to send it to Adobe Media Encoder, don't do that. Also look for an Ignore Stage Color (generate alpha channel) box. Do check that.

You should end up with a 32 bit MOV file that you can layer on top of the backgrounds in Premiere.

BTW, it's also possible that Premiere can import the SWF of the animation. Try making the animation as an ActionScript FLA, then Test Movie until it looks good, and import the SWF you get into Premiere. If that works you can skip the video export completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When un-checking the "Start Adobe Media Encoder"... I don't see that any file is generated. After clicking Export, the status bar indicates something is happenining. But when it's complete, I can't locate the .mov. Any idea where that file ends up? Unfortunately SWF files can't be imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the file type to Quicktime first and have it set to Default (animate).  It will export he mov file without opening AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines