Highlighted

Transparent effect **within** individual symbols?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an inkling as to the answer (aka; not possible) but I was hoping against hope there was a way to change the transparency of a layer that's actually INSIDE a symbol, rather than portraying the effect on the entire layer on the very stage itself. Because the part I want to make transparent is a relatively small component which will be moving rather haphazardly, having an extra layer dedicated to having a salvaged version to constantly remain in front of the -section- of the symbol would be a motion tween nightmare.

If I am mistaken and can, indeed, perform this function while inside the symbol's properties, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm simply not given the 'Color Effect' option as if it were on the stage, instead.

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transparent effect **within** individual symbols?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an inkling as to the answer (aka; not possible) but I was hoping against hope there was a way to change the transparency of a layer that's actually INSIDE a symbol, rather than portraying the effect on the entire layer on the very stage itself. Because the part I want to make transparent is a relatively small component which will be moving rather haphazardly, having an extra layer dedicated to having a salvaged version to constantly remain in front of the -section- of the symbol would be a motion tween nightmare.

If I am mistaken and can, indeed, perform this function while inside the symbol's properties, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm simply not given the 'Color Effect' option as if it were on the stage, instead.

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to affect the transparency during runtime, edit the alpha/visible property of the items in the symbol's layer.  if you don't want that but want to affect the transparency in the ide only, use the layer outline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am getting a touch confused, I'm just going to show you what I see.

This is the segment of the symbol I want transparent (dull grey-ish area which is a separate layer from the rest of the lantern and, underneath, I have a simulated light source on the layer below it hence the need to change the Alpha value).

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 3.28.23 PM.png

This is what my properties tells me when I directly select the area.

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 3.25.20 PM.png

This is what it shows me when I select the actual layer on the timeline.Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 3.25.55 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
kglad LATEST
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to change that alpha using actionscript?

if yes, read ClayUUID​'s response

if no, click that bucket color and you can change the alpha (at the color panel's upper right).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CleatPeddlingMinion  wrote

Hello, I have an inkling as to the answer (aka; not possible) but I was hoping against hope there was a way to change the transparency of a layer that's actually INSIDE a symbol, rather than portraying the effect on the entire layer on the very stage itself.

All symbols have layers actually inside of them. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it's dozens.

If you want to change the alpha of something inside the symbol, just make that thing its own symbol inside the symbol. Then make the symbol inside the symbol however transparent you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0