Highlighted

Trim Paths in Animate CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is in the title...
Why in 2017 "Trim paths" is still not available in Animate CC?? It's a basic animation effect, available in after effect but for strange and mysterious reasons unknown in Animate where it's really a nightmare to create similar effect (and spend hours), however Trim path would so have his place in Animate.
I'm an illustrator and animator, I use Animate for 99% of my work and I SO need this option... PLEASE update it!!!!

(and sorry for my uggly english)

You can place a request with the team directly using the wishlist form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trim Paths in Animate CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is in the title...
Why in 2017 "Trim paths" is still not available in Animate CC?? It's a basic animation effect, available in after effect but for strange and mysterious reasons unknown in Animate where it's really a nightmare to create similar effect (and spend hours), however Trim path would so have his place in Animate.
I'm an illustrator and animator, I use Animate for 99% of my work and I SO need this option... PLEASE update it!!!!

(and sorry for my uggly english)

You can place a request with the team directly using the wishlist form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it too!!! Please

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 2020 and it's still the same... What I do is I do a mask layer and just draw on it... like literally frme by frame. Finally it gives me the effect I need but it takes time... This simple trick can be easily done in AE (3-5 minutes).
However if I trim a simple path like a square, or a circle this can beeasily attainable by transforming the mask and applying either Shape Tween or Classic Tween. 
Gosh I spend days trying to solve this issue and the only solution for compound shapes is to draw on mask layer frame by frame... Pity...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 2