Highlighted

Trouble with a shape tween!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to rotate a rectangular prism in adobe animate. I made a 3D shape with the pen tool, then used the direct selection tool to move the vertecies where I want them to go. When I apply the other types of tweens, nothing happens, it just jumps to the next frame. But when I use the shape tween, my prism travels through the fourth dimension as seen below. None of the points overlap on their travel paths. It looks so simple on the tutorials, but I'm at a loss. HELP!!

troubleshoot.gif

Hey mate,

Shape hints are easy. Just start with only two keyframes and one pair.

Make sure your shape is broken apart, i.e. is not a drawing object.

Hints come in pairs. When you add a hint to the first key another is automatically added to the second key.

Have object snapping on (the little magnet) and just drag the hints with the V-tool.

There was a shape hint bug in one of the recent versions, but I just tried on the main timeline in 19.2.1 and they seem to work fine.

Arrange them from top-right in counter clock-wise direction.

Good luck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble with a shape tween!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to rotate a rectangular prism in adobe animate. I made a 3D shape with the pen tool, then used the direct selection tool to move the vertecies where I want them to go. When I apply the other types of tweens, nothing happens, it just jumps to the next frame. But when I use the shape tween, my prism travels through the fourth dimension as seen below. None of the points overlap on their travel paths. It looks so simple on the tutorials, but I'm at a loss. HELP!!

troubleshoot.gif

Hey mate,

Hints come in pairs. When you add a hint to the first key another is automatically added to the second key.

Have object snapping on (the little magnet) and just drag the hints with the V-tool.

There was a shape hint bug in one of the recent versions, but I just tried on the main timeline in 19.2.1 and they seem to work fine.

Good luck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what shape hints are for.

Shape tweens

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've tried those, but they just wont snap to the object. Even with object snapping on (I've also tried different combinations of snap settings with no luck) the hints stay red. I read that they are a pain to use in Animate CC, but is there anything I can do to specify the point to the program?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

Good luck!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 1