Highlighted

Trying to make an animated music video.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started working on an animated music video and I've run into 2 problems.

• I want to preview my scenes as if they were together, so when I click play Scene 1 ends, Scene 2 begins.

• I want my music on scene 2 to continue from where scene 1 left off exactly, so far I've only found the "Custom" effect in the audio preferences, and I need the audio to start off exactly where scene 1 left off.

Hi casey

On your first point:

When you select Control -> Test (ctrl/or/cmd + Enter) the Player plays and loops all scenes in sorting order (as they are sorted in Window -> Scene). This would only be different if you added somewhere some code like stop(); or gotoAndStop();

You test single scenes by selecting Control -> Test Scene and it plays/loops the scene you are just working on.

On your second point:

I don't know how you insert your music. You should use Actionscript to initialize and play/stop/pause your song. So for example in frame 1 of scene 1 you could put a script like

var mySound: Sound = new TheSong();

var soundStarted: Boolean;

if (!soundStarted) {

mySound.play();

soundStarted = true;

}

Whereby TheSong() is the linkage/Class name you have given the sound file in your library. The var soundStarted: Boolean makes sure, that, when your scenes are looped that the sound doesn't start all over again when frame 1 in scene 1 gets repeated.

More about sound methods in Actionscript 3: AS3: Sounds

Klaus

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trying to make an animated music video.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started working on an animated music video and I've run into 2 problems.

• I want to preview my scenes as if they were together, so when I click play Scene 1 ends, Scene 2 begins.

• I want my music on scene 2 to continue from where scene 1 left off exactly, so far I've only found the "Custom" effect in the audio preferences, and I need the audio to start off exactly where scene 1 left off.

Hi casey

On your first point:

When you select Control -> Test (ctrl/or/cmd + Enter) the Player plays and loops all scenes in sorting order (as they are sorted in Window -> Scene). This would only be different if you added somewhere some code like stop(); or gotoAndStop();

You test single scenes by selecting Control -> Test Scene and it plays/loops the scene you are just working on.

On your second point:

I don't know how you insert your music. You should use Actionscript to initialize and play/stop/pause your song. So for example in frame 1 of scene 1 you could put a script like

if (!soundStarted) {

mySound.play();

soundStarted = true;

}

Whereby TheSong() is the linkage/Class name you have given the sound file in your library. The var soundStarted: Boolean makes sure, that, when your scenes are looped that the sound doesn't start all over again when frame 1 in scene 1 gets repeated.

Klaus

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't use scenes or use code to do the things you want to continue across scenes.

use test movie to preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi casey

On your first point:

On your second point:

if (!soundStarted) {

mySound.play();

soundStarted = true;

}

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2019 0