• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

turning a dynamic animation into a gif

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to create an animation with a firework and export that as gif (as preview) and js/canvas animation.

A firework has a lot of moving parts, so I thought I'd simply use a script to, for example, take twenty elements from the library, place them on the stage, and move them into different directions.

I hoped that when I'd export that into a gif, Adobe Animate would basically take what it sees in the preview window and turn that into a gif. However, it seems that Animate ignores all scripts when exporting as a gif. I assume that this is just the way it is? The only solution I see here is to export the animation as a flash animation, record that as a video, turn that video into a gif animation. But is there no better way?

Thank you

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an edit button (when I click on "More" a tiny empty popup shows up).

It seems that when I export the animation as a video, that then the scripts are considered and executed. When I export as gif animation or single images, they are not. This makes no sense to me. But I guess I can then turn the animation into a video and that into a gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another "edit":
It seems that I can't export html5/canvas projects as movies if they use any scripts. So... I guess either I record the html5/canvas animation as a video and turn that into a gif, or once I'm done I convert the project into an AS3 project, rewrite the code from JS to AS, export that as a video, and turn that into a gif.

Either I'm missing something or this is not very convenient. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An alternative approach: use the free standalone BorisFX Particle Illusion, download the extra library of particle effects, and select one or more of the wide range of fireworks effects. Combine in the timeline, and export as a alpha transparent quicktime movie. Import into AfterEffects, render as transparent PNG sequence, and convert with APNG Assembler (Windows), or APNGb (Mac).

Browsers all support animated PNG files nowadays - more optimized then GIF and full transparency support !

Unfortunately this forum does not support direct APNG embedding. Check out my demo apng here:

https://i.ibb.co/QbPSmcG/animated.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines