• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tweening flicker in Animate 2019 and even in exports

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm experiencing this issue and I can't seem to solve it.

So, I began to work on this projects in November, with ANIMATE 2019; meanwhile adobe cc released couple updates.

I was given Characters.fla files that were previously created in Illustrator. As the project went on, I was encountering difficulties and difficulties with the software speed. So I upgraded Animate up to the 2020 version, the latest. It was then when they told me the files I was sending were flickering in After Effects.

So I downgraded to Animate 19.2.1. and tried to restore all the features. But the problem is still there and it's making it impossible for me to work.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Also, will they stop to release Animate updates and eventually transform it into a working software? 

I feel working with Flash first and then Animate has become my lifelong punishment foor I dunno what kind of a terrible sin I made in one of my pasts lives.

Thank you.

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code , Import and export , Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may need more specifics as to exactly this "flickering" means. Also some specs on the file - meaning, the FPS, aspect ratio, codec used to export, file formats, etc. It could be the frame rate in the AE project differs from the AnCC animation or any number of common issues of this nature regardless of what software was used.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for replying. I'll try to be more specific: the flicker refers to the single symbol shaking or vibrating during the tweening; it happens both in the exports, both within the work window. It reduces when I start hiding features from the character.

Playback is extremely slow, so not even trying lip syncing.

I'm working on an ActionScript 3.0 file, 25 fps, with default profile, publishing is set on .swf or Wrapper HTML, compression on DEFLATE.

The other user imports the whole .fla within her after effects. My personal thought is that the character seems too "heavy" for the software and it doesn't manage to show all the transformations applied. Another tip could be that the character was initially created in AI and it doesn't seem to be optimized for the tweening. Maybe it's a matter of syincing but I really dunno. 

Anyways, the software freezes all the time.

Thank you for helping, I'm here for any further information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Are you using Classic Tweens or something else?

How are your symbols registered?

Are you experiencing the same issues if you tween a rectangle created in Animate and then converted to symbol and animated?

I can imagine that you will be unwilling to share the FLA, but I doubt that anyone will be able to help you further without actually seeing the file.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines