Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create image buffer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pal adriel xd.PNG

What can I do when this happens? By the way, it happens when I put the pen pressure. I hope that experts can respond to me.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

I'd start by

updating Windows,

then the graphics driver,

then the tablet driver,

and finally installing the latest version of Animate separately to see if it happens there too.

Any of these might resolve the issue or not, so I'd restart the computer and check at every step. 

While Windows and nVidia drivers are generally quite well-tested and solid, tablet drivers for devices other than Wacom seem to suffer from all kinds of issues and so does Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by

updating Windows,

then the graphics driver,

then the tablet driver,

and finally installing the latest version of Animate separately to see if it happens there too.

Any of these might resolve the issue or not, so I'd restart the computer and check at every step. 

While Windows and nVidia drivers are generally quite well-tested and solid, tablet drivers for devices other than Wacom seem to suffer from all kinds of issues and so does Animate.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Your answer help me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens to me but it won't let me save the project, what can I do there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it is a pain, I restart my dell labtop and it will pop up the unclosed animate tab. If you click cancel on the restart, it will put you back at animate where you can save. Although, the image buffer will reappear so you need to restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you're an absolute legend!!

i lost many files because i couldnt get past that annoying message.
cant thank you enough!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me many times, but I still haven't been able to find a way to fix it. But when this happens my screen usually goes black and if I don't touch anything I can save my work but when I press anything on the keyboard or draw my screen goes black and this error appears and no matter what I do, I can't close it. There is still a way to save your project after this happens. Press Ctrl + S quickly and several times and press enter to save your project after several attempts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

learn to save your fla files frequently with increasing version number appended.  ie, for project1, save project1_v000.fla, project1_v001.fla etc.

periodically close and reopen the most recent version to confirm it's not corrupted.  if it's not, you can delete previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines