Highlighted

Unable to open my 2018 project files after Adobe Animate Update :'(

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would be ever so grateful for some advice here. I don't know what I am going to do about my project now and the others I have for my clients.

My first question (given the headache I am having with the update) is how to install a previous version of Adobe Animate. Apparently this option used to be in the 'Manage' section and could be turned on in the Preferences ('Show older apps), but it does not appear that Adobe provide those options in the Cloud installer anymore.

The actual problem I am having with crashes is below:

1. I installed the late 2018 update, and now Adobe Animate is crashing whenever I try to open any of my Adobe Animate project files

2. I was using these files for months without issue with the previous version.

3. My project work are .fla file types

4. I have had the same issue both with my Mac, which has the latest OS Sierra, as well as my friends computer, who has Windows 10.

5. We also tried uninstalling Animate on my computer (the Sierra OS Mac), and the copy I put on his PC (with Windows 10) was a fresh install - it had not been installed on his computer before, but had the same result

6. What happens is that Adobe starts normally, but after I click open and select my fla. project, the program quits straight out without and warning or message. The same thing happens if I double click the fla. file when the program is not open; what happens then, is that Animate starts up but then quits out as soon as the program has gotten past the Adobe Animate standard starting up part. I do get a send crash report option after it quits out.

7. I would be happy to share an example of one of the project files on google drive to anyone that would like to have a look.

Thank you,

Dommy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

1. to install older versions, you must have a subscription.  previous versions are not available with trials.

previous versions are revealed in the apps tab by clicking the arrow abutting the open/install button after clicking preferences>cc>tick show older apps.

2. to fix your crashing problem, reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open my 2018 project files after Adobe Animate Update :'(

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would be ever so grateful for some advice here. I don't know what I am going to do about my project now and the others I have for my clients.

My first question (given the headache I am having with the update) is how to install a previous version of Adobe Animate. Apparently this option used to be in the 'Manage' section and could be turned on in the Preferences ('Show older apps), but it does not appear that Adobe provide those options in the Cloud installer anymore.

The actual problem I am having with crashes is below:

1. I installed the late 2018 update, and now Adobe Animate is crashing whenever I try to open any of my Adobe Animate project files

2. I was using these files for months without issue with the previous version.

3. My project work are .fla file types

4. I have had the same issue both with my Mac, which has the latest OS Sierra, as well as my friends computer, who has Windows 10.

5. We also tried uninstalling Animate on my computer (the Sierra OS Mac), and the copy I put on his PC (with Windows 10) was a fresh install - it had not been installed on his computer before, but had the same result

6. What happens is that Adobe starts normally, but after I click open and select my fla. project, the program quits straight out without and warning or message. The same thing happens if I double click the fla. file when the program is not open; what happens then, is that Animate starts up but then quits out as soon as the program has gotten past the Adobe Animate standard starting up part. I do get a send crash report option after it quits out.

7. I would be happy to share an example of one of the project files on google drive to anyone that would like to have a look.

Thank you,

Dommy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

1. to install older versions, you must have a subscription.  previous versions are not available with trials.

previous versions are revealed in the apps tab by clicking the arrow abutting the open/install button after clicking preferences>cc>tick show older apps.

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad, I'll give this a go and report back.

I really appreciate your assistance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0