Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to pan/zoom with Wacom pen in Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom Intuos Pen&Touch Small

PC, Windows 7 (latest updates installed)

Issue: when trying to pan or zoom canvas via wacom pen it just scrolls up/down just like in case of using mouse wheel.

How can I make it work the same way as in Photoshop? In Photoshop CC it works just fine: I hold button1 on my wacom pen and move it for panning. The same with Alt key pressed for zooming. But in Animate CC it doesn't work. I've tried everything. Tried to change settings in Wacom panel (both for all apps and for Animate only - no difference). Even tried to disconnect my mouse: no effect. I have latest version of Animate CC installed. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

I was having this same issue, but I solved it by mapping H (hand tool) to my pen button and it worked, but it did not de-select the hand tool after I released the buttom which was a pain.

I found out that Spacebar is the button to temporarily use the hand tool so I mapped space instead, now when I release the button I still have the brush tool selected. hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest version of Adobe Animate? All issues that we have seen in the latest update have been solved by updating to the latest drivers.

Let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I have latest version. And got a new update just today but it solved nothing

And yes I have latest drivers for Wacom tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again. It works just fine in Photoshop CC. But doesn't work in Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

A quick update from the team. They are investigating this bug for a fix in a future update. We request your patience until then.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no update since I posted, and I am not sure about the update in which this issue will be fixed. I will post on this forum as soon as we have an update ready for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I too would be really grateful if this could be fixed. I use Animate all the time for my work, and with this missing feature it does make it a lot more difficult to navigate around the stage. I have had this problem with two different Wacom tablets, on PC and Mac. I wrote to Wacom but it seems that the fix may need to come from your side. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the urgency and have conveyed it to the product team. Please stay tuned for announcements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see this issue is being voiced by others. Disheartened to see that it's been an issue for over 6 months with no updates. I am trying to finish a project by the end of November and decided I'd purchase Adobe Animate and learn it. I am very disappointed with the lack of progress made by the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an important issue for me as well. Would love to hear an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this by mapping "spacebar" to my wacom pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? Still having this issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow !!! You mean this issue isn't solved yet? It was reported 2 years ago...

I stopped using Adobe products so I can't check it. If this issue is still there... welll, I did the right choice then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesnt work for me. Adobe in general hasnt been anything but errors and problems for me so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue, but I solved it by mapping H (hand tool) to my pen button and it worked, but it did not de-select the hand tool after I released the buttom which was a pain.

I found out that Spacebar is the button to temporarily use the hand tool so I mapped space instead, now when I release the button I still have the brush tool selected. hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... this was reported in 2017 and is still a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I changed my pen to keystroke/space it now pans fine but there's still the issue of zooming on my tablet. 2020 and still a problem? Thinking of switching animation programs already, people are paying too much money to have to wait 3+yrs for a simple update/program fix. Especially considering the zoom-out key works fine and the original post was reviewed and said to be looked at/fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem with a brand new intuos pro, none of  the  express keys will zoom in on animate (works fine on other programs, and zoom out works fine.) Also the touch circle thing won't zoom in animate. Its been four years, man. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang...I'm here in mid 2023 and I can't get the touch circle zoom to work in Animate still. I've been so used to using it in Photoshop and Illustrator that navagating in Animate seems impossible. Any idea if they ever fixed this? I have latest drivers and everything....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines