Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save Keyboard Shortcuts & layout Preferences on Animate 2019

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Hope you're all having a great weekend.. Was wondering if you could help me..

I recently updated my Adobe Animate, but since doing so I have not been able to save my Keyboard Shortcuts & layout Preferences.

I make the changes to the keyboard shortcuts, rename it but when I got to save them I get "Could not save shortcut set" window pop up. It remembers the name of the shortcuts I called it, but not the actual keys. The updated hotkeys work for a short time until I close & open a new file or the whole program.. then defaults back to the original. The name of my adjusted hotkeys are remembered in the drop down, but not the actual keys chosen.

Do you know if it's a glitch or an easy fix that I'm not seeing? Any wisdom would be wonderful!! Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Looks like a very persistent caching issue.

You can try to reset your user profile, by deleting the config folder, while animate is closed. It will then create a clean profile.

Of course, if you have any user modified files, commands, etc. you should back them up first.

To reset your profile you have to find both the config folder and the roaming/preferences folder for your version and delete them.

Config folder is:

on Win:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC YourVersion\YourLocale\Configuration

on Mac:

HD\Users\YourUserName\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Animate CC YourVersion\YourLocale\Configuration

You also need to locate the roaming/preferences profile:

on Win:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\YourVersion\Shortcuts

on Mac:

HD\Users\YourUserName\Library\Preferences\Adobe\Animate\YourVersion\Shortcuts

Best would be to delete the whole Animate folders.
Do not look in any other location than the ones described above!
By default the folders are hidden by the OS so you need to show them first.

The shortcut file is a simple xml file and you should be able to modify in a plain text editor; copy, backup and transfer from version to version by dropping it in the Shortcut folder.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines