• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 3D Tool w/ 2D Elements?

Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe folks,

Is it possible to use the 3D orientation/positioning tool with 2D elements to create a faux or 2.5D animation? When I create elements on the stage the tool stays greyed out and wasn't sure what was possible.

Thanks to anybody who can help clarify this functionality in Animate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what these tools do - move 2D objects in 3D space. The 3D tools will be disabled if using anything other than an ActionScript based project though! So no HTML5 Canvas or WebGL when using those tools...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bah, that will require a time machine for me to make happen. Good to know though. TWould be nice if/when we can use for modern day media. hanks for letting me understand what I'm looking at with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on what your target is though. If the ultimate target is video, for instance... it doesn't really matter. If web... then yeah, it does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines