Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Animate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I'm new to Adobe after eing used to lightworks. I'm in the process of learning which programmes I am going to need so that I know which ones to focus on.

For my youtube channel I have a logo that has little characters on it. It's just a JPG picture. Its a kids channel and I want to make the characters animate a little bit like walking off the screen and or even just smiling etc. Am I able to do this in Animate with my existing JPG?

Is animate the right programme for this or would you use something else?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also. Hope people dont mind me asking one more question. Im getting a bit of a headache figuring out which apps to focus on. My main thing is family/kids vidoes that I will edit and I want to lean effects like lava, portals and lazer guns etc. I want to get into some animating but just basic things. 

To do all this I'm thinking I'll need to use premier pro (obviously) linked with after effects and then for the animaton stuff I'll use animate alongside premier pro. Some designs and logos I'll use illustrator. 

Does this sound like a common sense way to think of it all by learning those programmes?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is completely common sense : a lot of studios around motion graphics use mixed techniques for their animations, and, a lot of them also add some photoshop to their skill set 🙂 (I know, that's one more, but when you'll be doing frame by frame animation, you'll appreciate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what your original image looks like, but if the characters are on the jpeg, and you animate them, then at one moment they need to be "hidden" from the original image. Which means cleaning the jpeg from their remains.

But if the jpg is very clean, and the text on a single color space, you can do that with a simple rectangle of that color. If it's more tricky, a small cleaning moment in Photoshop will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines