Highlighted

Using external .js documents with associated .html and .css files to Flash HTML5 Canvas

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am making the transition from Flash AS3 to Flash HTML5 Canvas. I have been creating interactive children's educational games using Flash and AS3 for years, and I am now trying to do the same with Flash HTML5 Canvas. My programs consist of a main timeline with 10 frames, navigational arrows, and interactive lessons on each frame. I see that there are excellent interactive games out there created with a .js, .html, and .css file. My question: How do I translate these game into the Flash HTML5 Canvas framework using my main timeline? I understand how to import an additional .js file to my document, but I am lost as to how to include the necessary information (divs, containers, etc.) from the corresponding external .html file (which is NOT my document's .html file). I hope this makes sense.

I have tried to go the route of embedding the external .html file into a div in my main .html file, but I read that is problematic. I would love to be able to copy and paste the game .js code onto my main timeline and have it work from there. Please advise....Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using external .js documents with associated .html and .css files to Flash HTML5 Canvas

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am making the transition from Flash AS3 to Flash HTML5 Canvas. I have been creating interactive children's educational games using Flash and AS3 for years, and I am now trying to do the same with Flash HTML5 Canvas. My programs consist of a main timeline with 10 frames, navigational arrows, and interactive lessons on each frame. I see that there are excellent interactive games out there created with a .js, .html, and .css file. My question: How do I translate these game into the Flash HTML5 Canvas framework using my main timeline? I understand how to import an additional .js file to my document, but I am lost as to how to include the necessary information (divs, containers, etc.) from the corresponding external .html file (which is NOT my document's .html file). I hope this makes sense.

I have tried to go the route of embedding the external .html file into a div in my main .html file, but I read that is problematic. I would love to be able to copy and paste the game .js code onto my main timeline and have it work from there. Please advise....Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This YouTube video describes how to combine your Animate project into a website. 

Adobe Animate CC: Add to HTML web page (Updated Version) - YouTube

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2019 0