• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using or accessing Audition markers in Animate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way in Animate to access or use markers in an Audition audio file? I'm trying to animate a character to certain beats of a music track. The waveform is too complicated to read in the Animate timeline; markers set in Audition would be ideal, but they don't display in Animate. Please help!

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Thank you to everyone who replied. I appreciate your suggestions.

Apparently, the direct answer to my question - "Is there any way in Animate to access or use markers in an Audition audio file?" - the answer is NO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you just sync it by listening to it? You have set it to stream sync, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have the audio set to stream. I have been trying to sync just by listening, but maybe I need to listen more attentively? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waveform and music can be complicated, but the beat is always simple and repetitive.

Just define the beat and work according to it. It usually is a very simple pattern.

If not a 12-beat, I tend to create a looping graphic symbol with a blinking/pulsating dot that plays over the whole length of the track. After 3-4 minutes of experimentation I get the dot blink with the beat and then all is clear - you base your animation and your edits on these blinks.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, I may give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to everyone who replied. I appreciate your suggestions.

Apparently, the direct answer to my question - "Is there any way in Animate to access or use markers in an Audition audio file?" - the answer is NO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines