• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "variable fonts" in AI does not import in ANCC

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When copy/pasting text from AI when font variables has been used, we get the error bellow. 

The original font Source Code becomes Source Code Variable which is interpreted by ANCC as a different font.

variable font.png

fontError.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Hi resdesign

I reckon that the font Source Code Variable is somehow bound to Illustrator and maybe other Creative Cloud Apps. Quote from https://v-fonts.com/fonts/source-code-variable :

"The variable version of Adobe’s Source Code Pro. It comes bundled with Creative Cloud apps and is also available as an open source font."

I can't select this font in Animate CC for a dynamic or static Textfield. It is not available in the Character > Family > Font menu. Also on MacOS this font is not listed i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi resdesign

I reckon that the font Source Code Variable is somehow bound to Illustrator and maybe other Creative Cloud Apps. Quote from https://v-fonts.com/fonts/source-code-variable :

"The variable version of Adobe’s Source Code Pro. It comes bundled with Creative Cloud apps and is also available as an open source font."

I can't select this font in Animate CC for a dynamic or static Textfield. It is not available in the Character > Family > Font menu. Also on MacOS this font is not listed in Font Book. Hence it is not an official System font.

I guess if you download this font from here https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/source-code-pro (OTF) and install it on your system then what you're trying to do might work.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like there was some confusion between the artist who works on a mac and me working on a PC. She could not remember where she got the font. I have the OTF version of it.

However in AI with the file she provided me with, the font was working as a variable font though I did not have the variable font installed. Strange, right? Because I did not get an missing font error in AI, just in ANCC.

Anyway, I downloaded the variable font and installed it and it solve the problem.

Thank for taking the time to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines