Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector art brushes significantly slow down timeline playback

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall,

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Animate. With the project I'm working on, I want it to have a child-like quality, like it's drawn with crayon. I'm having a lot of trouble creating my own custom crayon brush, so in lieu of that I'm using one of the "chalk" brushes Animate comes with. 

The only problem is, after only about 60 frames or so, the playback is like molasses. Worse than any of the far more complicated projects I've worked on. Is this a normal problem when using vector brushes? Is there anything I can do to mitigate this issue?

For more info, I'm running MacOS Mojave on a 2017 iMac with a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, with 32 GB RAM. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Looks like this is just the sad reality of using vector brushes. The only work-around I found was to switch to "outline" view. The project runs fast and smooth, you just won't be able to see the rendered strokes as you go unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry nobody has responded to this yet. Yeah, custom brushes can be very processor intensive unfortunately. The Paint Brush Tool used to have the option to "Draw as Fill" or something similar and I see in the latest version, that was removed. But after you draw your strokes, you can select tham and "Exapnd to Fill" in Properties Panel. But that is a lot of effort after drawing lots of strokes. I'm looking into this.
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.28.34 AM.png

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you! 

Looks like there's nothing I can do. I bought some more memory for my mac, hoping that would help, but it totally didn't. It takes me between 30 seconds and a few minutes for each and every stroke. It's laborious and frustrating.

Please let me know if you learn of any developments or work-arounds!

Thank you!

Araless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like this is just the sad reality of using vector brushes. The only work-around I found was to switch to "outline" view. The project runs fast and smooth, you just won't be able to see the rendered strokes as you go unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines