• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Limited Actions In HTML Canvas. Doesnt Have Levels, Audio, Video Loading Scripts ?

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we have a HTML5 canvas project, i see the HTML5 canvas scripts are very basic, just a few to select from, such as gotoAndPlay etc, theres no sound loading scripts, video loading scripts etc. How does one do audio and video loading. What about webpage levels ? So basically ANIMATE cant do everything that flash could when it came to website design ?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

You "load" video by dynamically creating a div floated over the Animate canvas element and then putting an HTML video element in it.

This is how you dynamically load and play sounds:

https://createjs.com/docs/soundjs/modules/SoundJS.html

I have no idea what you mean by "webpage levels".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using HTML5 canvas, you have the full power of javascript.  Animate uses the CreateJS libraries, specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You "load" video by dynamically creating a div floated over the Animate canvas element and then putting an HTML video element in it.

This is how you dynamically load and play sounds:

https://createjs.com/docs/soundjs/modules/SoundJS.html

I have no idea what you mean by "webpage levels".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Clay, Thanks for the reply. To start with i tried the audio js in my animate project and nothing happened. I have the mp3 which is Violin.mp3 in the same local folder of the project and want to load it as a background sound to the webpage. I changed "sound" in the script given to "Violin.mp3" and left the others as is. It didnt work. Then i tried a lot of other other permutations and combinations of replacing, but still it doesnt work. Can you please hint which keywords in that script shold contain my local mp3 files name ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines