• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very serious bug - Animate deletes entire user folder that it can't access without warning

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased a new MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.15. Having freshly installed Creative Cloud on this Mac, and because of the increased security in Catalina, I am often asked to allow access to certain folders as applications try to access them for the first time.

Today, I ran Animate for the first time to do a simple task - export an existing file as a mp4 movie. Animate had not previously been granted access to any folders as this was the first time I'd opened on this Mac since install.

The result of my export attempt was for Animate to entirely delete the contents of my Desktop folder with no warning, and all while it supposedly had no access to that folder! 

Steps to reproduce the issue are below (warning - make sure you have a backup of your files) and I've attached a video of it happening. This is 100% reproducible on my machine. 

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. On Mac OS 10.15, open System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> Privacy -> Files and Folders
2. Check that Animate does not have access to the Desktop folder (uncheck access box if it does)
3. Open existing file in Animate
4. Choose Export -> Export Video/Media
5. Ensure path to export file is on current users Desktop
6. Click Export
7. Error dialog appears due to access restriction asking user to check if destination is locked etc
8. Click OK

Results:

Entire contents of the Desktop folder are deleted without warning. They are not in the Trash, they are totally deleted.

I have (obviously) logged a bug report. Posting here so others don't lose their data.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This is spectacular!! Wow!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing is happening to me now as well. I tried saving in multiple different locations (desktop, creative cloud, and one drive) and the same thing happens everytime. I'm also saving other animation files and all is okay with them, and as soon as I try to export as .mov for one of the files, it gives me that error code and deletes the entire folder along with the other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We were investigating this issue and worked on a potential fix as we are unable to recreate this issue in house. It would be helpful if the same can be validated in such setups. Please let me know if you can validate the fix, I'll get you invited to our Beta program.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a new animation project and copied all the layers from the seemingly corrupted file over to the new one, saved, and exported as a .mov and it worked fine with no error codes. I'm not sure if there was something going on in the original file that was forcing the crash, but for some reason just making a new project seemed to be the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I had the exact same issue. Your solution worked for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines