Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow preview and no updated preview

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

These two issues may or may not be related. Please inform.

Lately, when previewing my Animate project (cntrl + enter) it consistently takes much longer now to preview (show in the browser). It seems like this extended time to preview started around the time I added many text elements to my project.

Also, today I am not seeing my last changes when I preview. It's showing the project as it looked prior to last change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Paul

In my experience text in Animate HTML5/Canvas is a weak link. On several levels, file size, formatting, flexibility in coding etc.. And 6070 characters in one file is still a lot.

But, you are using Export document as texture and static textfields throughout. This should actually work quite well. All your textbits should be exported as sections in probably several spritesheets, as raster graphics (png or jpg). You should be able to see that when you look into the images folder of your project

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

I can't tell for certain what the cause is, some more details might help to get a clearer picture:

• (show in browser) So it is a HTML5/Canvas project?
  • (I added many text elements) How many text elements have you added?
  • Do you use mainly dynamic or static textfields?
  • If dynamic, do you fill many textfields with dynamic means (via code)?
  • Do you use Web Fonts (either Adobe  or Google Fonts)?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Yes it's a HTML5/Canvas project.

The length of time it takes to 'publish' is 4x what it was during the first few days of building it.

I have 10 text elements with one word in them.

Each of those are made into MCs and inside each of those MCs (on layer 1) is a static text element or two with about 300 characters of text in each. I also have placed a few small images inside those static text fields.

No dynamic text fields.

I only use the fonts that come with Animate (and are available from the Text properties window).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some corruption in my project. Please don't spend time on this. I'm going to rebuild it and test each piece.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebuilt the project piece by piece.

It looks like the multiple static text fields, inside the text MCs is what's slowing it down. (The 'not showing updated preview' issue was a corruption).

So to recap:

it's a HTML5/Canvas project.

The length of time it takes to 'publish' is 4x what it was before I added multiple static text fields.

I have 10 text elements with one word in them. Each of those are made into a MC and inside each of those MCs (on layer 1) are 4-5 static text elements. (These were not made into MCs.) Each of those static elements has about 300 characters of lightly formatted text in them (italics, bold etc).

No dynamic text fields in the project.

I only use the fonts that come with Animate (and are available from the Text properties window).

With the text elements as described above: Publishing takes 55 secs or so.

Remove all the static text elements (within the text MCs): Publishing takes 6 secs.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paul_james123  wrote

... I have 10 text elements with one word in them. Each of those are made into a MC and inside each of those MCs (on layer 1) are 4-5 static text elements. (These were not made into MCs.) Each of those static elements has about 300 characters of lightly formatted text in them (italics, bold etc).

Hi Paul

just to be sure, from what you are saying above, 10 textfields with one word => made into 10 movieclips => of which each one contains 4-5 testfields => that would make a sum of roughly 50 to 60 textfields => 40 to 50 of them with about 300 chars and ten of them with one word each => very roughly 12,000 - 15,000 chars => again very roughly this would fill 5 to 7 tightly written A4 pages.

Is that quantitatively correct? If so, that's massive. And could be the reason for your ≈55 secs publishing time. It depends now on

• Are you using Animate v19.0 or 19.1?
  • If so, is under Publishing Settings the option Export document as texture checked?

Please answer first these two questions before we go further.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus,

you wrote: "...would fill 5 to 7 tightly written A4 pages. Is that quantitatively correct?"

-Sorry my character estimate was off. I pasted all the text from the project into Word and counted characters for a more accurate total: 6070 characters not including spaces. (It's an interactive outline to present some research.) Probably that's too much as well.

"Are you using Animate v19.0 or 19.1?"

-19.1 Build 349

"If so, is under Publishing Settings the option Export document as texture checked?"

-Yes

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul

In my experience text in Animate HTML5/Canvas is a weak link. On several levels, file size, formatting, flexibility in coding etc.. And 6070 characters in one file is still a lot.

But, you are using Export document as texture and static textfields throughout. This should actually work quite well. All your textbits should be exported as sections in probably several spritesheets, as raster graphics (png or jpg). You should be able to see that when you look into the images folder of your project. Otherwise before version 19.0 static texts became shapes coded into the output createJS file and with 6070 chars becoming each a shape that could mushroom the javascript out of proportions.

However, 55 seconds publishing time is out of order. How is your computer working otherwise. Any frequent problems with CPU, GPU, general processing times? To really say something more definitive I would have to check your file plus assets. Is it possible to share it on some cloud drive? I would need the entire package (fla, images folder, js, html) zipped to one.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"In my experience text in Animate HTML5/Canvas is a weak link...And 6070 characters in one file is still a lot."

-I'm now editing down the text so it's more manageable and linking from the FLA to web pages for more detail. The FLA outline will just become a stub and most of the text delivered via web pages. The project makes more sense this way, too.

Thanks much for your help, Klaus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This may or may not be the same issue but, when I preview the timeline it's playback is slower than the actual 24fps frame rate.

I tried changing FPS in the properties panel to 29.97, 30, 60, hell I even tried 120 just to see what would happen, and it was still slower.

My project file 13 total seconds (+/-310 total frames). I've got 10 symbols in the library, nothing crazy within them.

I hope in the next update, which will probably happen next week, the Adobe geniusususss will have fixed it.

Adobe Animate CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camiloanaya

your problem is likely caused by a different issue.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines