• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video clips all play when I hit the back Button

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a  group of MovieClips  buttons to navigate my program. (Menu) (Back) (Next). When I go through the frames and  hit the back button all the Movieclips play. In this World War One program I have 4 video movie clips with sound and 10 animation  clips. Hitting the (Back) button makes all the movieclips play.

Code for (Back) button:

previous_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, RootPrevious);
function RootPrevious(e:MouseEvent):void {
MovieClip(root).prevFrame();
}

Code for Next button:

next_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, RootNext);
function RootNext(e:MouseEvent):void {
MovieClip(root).nextFrame();
}

Code for Menu button:

menu_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, RootMenu);
function RootMenu(e:MouseEvent):void {
MovieClip(root).gotoAndStop(1);
}Code for MovieClips - A stop and play button.

StopTony_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, StopCam);
function StopCam(Event: MouseEvent): void {
stop();
}

PlayTony_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, PlayCam);
function PlayCam(Event: MouseEvent): void {
play();
}

When I take out the (Back) button everything works well. Is  there a way around this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's a "video movieclip"?

is that a video (either playing in a timeline or an flvplayback component or via code)?  or a movieclip?  or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All are in a movieclip timeline - the  movieclips with sound all play when the bask movieclip button is hit. Three movieclips have FLV video with sound. The  fourth plays an audio file using the frame picker to lip-sync a character. When the Back button is hit none of the plain animations (tweens) work correctly. They go from start to end with no animation. I can take out the (Back) button leaving the (Menu) and (Next) button and all works fine. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what you expect to happen, but any movieclip that's in a keyframe will play from beginning to end no matter whether you use nextFrame() or prevFrame() (or anything else) to navigate to that keyframe unless you use code to change that behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This action (all movie Clips playing only when I hit the back button)did not occur in earlier versions of Flash or Animate. It only plays movie Clips with sound. The ones without sound work fine. Just more weird stuff. I removed the back button and have had no problems. So now I have a menu and next buttons in movieClips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i've never seen the problem you're describing but i have seen inexplicable behavior in fla's that others have created.  sometimes the only remedy i've found is to re-do whatever the author has already done.  that has always fixed the problem.

ie, people can create fla's that seem to be impossible to fix by editing their keyframes.  sometimes recreating them (using copying and pasting of objects) is the only way to fix the problem.

for me to tell you anything more about your particular problem and solve the problem, i would need to download your fla.  (and i don't usually do that unless i'm hired.)  someone else here may do that free of charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines