• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video export messes up my layers and timeline, while .gif export looks totally fine

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm doing a simple 20 sec animation with a lot of layers, layer depth and and camera. When I export my timeline as a .gif it looks totally fine.

Nevertheless, when trying to export the animation as a .swf or .mov, the whole animation is changed. Certain layers play all during the whole timeline even though they don't have frames for more than two seconds, objects locked to the camera angle are acting weird and are moving around, while some layers are not even showing.

I'm relatively new at animate/flash so it might just be a newbie mistake, but I have a hard to time to figure out what the problem is.

I've searched the forum, but I don't really seem to find anybody having the same issue.

I'll gladly forward the file if anybody wants to take a look at it.

Thanks a lot for helping out,

Elias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

MOV exporter is unreliable and has been for many years.

Best practice is to export a PNG sequence and then render a video out of that in Premiere, AE or similar...

Since GIF works, PNG sequence should too.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV exporter is unreliable and has been for many years.

Best practice is to export a PNG sequence and then render a video out of that in Premiere, AE or similar...

Since GIF works, PNG sequence should too.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines