Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video in HTML5 Canvas (Animate CC)

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Why is video not supported in the HTML5 Canvas documents?

Thank you,

Michael

(I know it could be done manually)

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Hi Michael,

Animate CC (2017), released today, introduces new HTML5 components including a Video component that you're looking for.

Please update your copy of Animate via the Creative cloud App and try it out.

Check out the below links to know more.

New Feature Summary (November 2016)

Animate CC 2017 (new features)

Using Components in HTML canvas

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're asking why adobe corporation and/or engineers decided adding a video component to animate canvas was not a top priority and released with the initial versions of animate pro?

if so, anyone that knows is probably under an nda and can't tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, canvas is rendering slow even without video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of ways to get bad performance with Canvas, but many of them are due to the way you do things. Can you show an example of something that is rendering slowly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem - designers, developers and Adobe engineers in work are using new computers and smartphones with better performance and 1/2 of worldwide custumers of internet are using old computers and smartphones with bad performance. With Edge Animate that is not problem but with Animate and Canvas is it big problem until all customers upgrade their computers and smartphones for next maybe 5-10 years. You can say that the canvas works well when you are testing on your 4 GB RAM computer or 2 GB RAM smartphone. Test on 1/2 worldwide 1 GB RAM computers and 512 GB RAM smartphones. Canvas is always hungry of memory 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys! So the answer is that canvas is asking much memory and runs too slow half of the time to show video content.

That probably also answered my previous topics about why my canvas banners are asking too much CPU and previewing slow (in Chrome).

Im still a great fan of Animate CC and hope it gets greater in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not the correct answer.  i've agreed to an adobe nda so i cannot say more than something cryptic, but re-read message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Animate CC (2017), released today, introduces new HTML5 components including a Video component that you're looking for.

Please update your copy of Animate via the Creative cloud App and try it out.

Check out the below links to know more.

New Feature Summary (November 2016)

Animate CC 2017 (new features)

Using Components in HTML canvas

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect !! Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My God.. CC 2017.. and again It's not possible in HTML5 Canvas import a video in Timeline (as old R.I.P. Flash..or Edge) for put inside precise time controls or texts in keyframes for interactive Movies??? Waiting for 2018?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with all previous versions of Flash Pro, you can embed FLV and do frame accurate interactive video. The sad thing that changed was that the Adobe Media Encoder team dropped support for encoding to FLV, so you have to download an old version of that program, or find another program to make the FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.. You can import a FLV or MP4 H264 video only in AS3 or Mobile (or for APK output).. not inside HTML5 Canvas project..

For import in HTML5 Canvas and to have a video track in timeline, you must to have a frames sequence of animation or video!

So you can import the frames as sequence.. setting Jpeg to low quality.. but you can't to have the same quality with light size

compression of MP4 H264..

In Adobe Animation CC 2017 it's not possible import H264 MP4 (for HTML5 pubblish..) in HTML5 Canvas..

and this all! an it's a very strange decision in Adobe!!!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only replying to your point about how old Flash could do it. Animate can do it the same as old Flash could do it. The main topic of this thread was about using video in HTML5, and that is answered, and involves the video remaining external.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I've also been looking for information on how to import a video into Html Canvas and I've managed to do it. I leave the link where I explain how to do it.

I hope the video tutorial helps you.

https://elportfoliodezoraida.com/video.html

Video Creaciones Freelance - Eibar - Guipuzcoa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding HTML5 video component on a bottom layer, why does it cover everything? Why does it appear on top of everything else even though there are layers above it?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through this discussion and answer:

Adobe Animate CC Video Component always on top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Change Background color of Stage to transparent.

2. Add  z-index: -1  to style of dom_overlay_container (<div id="dom_overlay_container" style="z-index: -1;).

You can add z-index: -1 in html template or in published html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all,  because I have same question in my mind about this HTML Tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines