Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video with interactive buttons

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I came across this video and am looking to recreate the same idea. Have a video play with interactive buttons. Does anyone know how the below was done? 

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/small-cool-experience/2020-bright-monochromes-kelley-carter?newslet... 

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

A video is not interactive by itself as far as I can tell.

What's propably happening is that the developers smartely positioned the buttons over the video. And when a button is clicked, instructions are sent to the video to play it, pause it, and change its current time.

Please let us know if I'm missing something or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC, 

Thank you so much! I would love to learn how to do it myself. I am great with photoshop, illustrator, and indesign, but have never used any of the adobe video programs. Which one do I use, and are there developer tools available? What software would be best for the buttons? I am open to any suggestions and advice 🙂 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marat,

maybe Adobe Captivate is a solution. You can make interactive videos with it. Although I work with Captivate for e-learning projects a lot (responsive HTML5), I haven't tried interactive videos yet. Will do soon.

However- these two links might give you a good introduction:

Captivate 2019 – Interactive Video, a video tutorial by Paul Wilson (as always very nice 'n' easy)

Create interactive videos, an Adobe tutorial

The video you've mentioned (Bright Monochromes) is done with some CSS trickery (z-index:99, position:absolute etc). JoãoCésar is quite right with his hunch. BUT - if you'd open the browser-console, you will find it's full of Warnings. IMHO - it's close to being dodgy.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines