• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video won't export, it gets stuck

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a 28 second video from my Animate file and it always gets stuck at 54%. There doesn't seem to be any activity on the CPU/Disk and barely any on memory (8700K/32GBRAM/SSD). I left it going for 2 hours and still nothing.

videoexport.png

What concerns me is that I can find instances of this issue going back to 2007.

How am I supposed to make a MOV of this file if it keeps getting stuck?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Since it occurred again and was driving me mad - I spent even more time investigating the issue. Here was the problem...

rainissue.png

In the screen I've attached, you can see I've highlighted 4 layers. These are four separate layers. The rain in my game/animation has maybe ~40 layers within a graphic, each a rain drop. When I had 4 instances of these graphics on one layer - Animate would shit itself when trying to export... for some reason. When I put each of the 4 instances into their own layers, as per the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Check out this topic: Export issue - stops mid-export

Not just the 'correct reply' but some of the other ones as well.

Hope this helps!

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for those posts, I got it working some other way, somehow

I saved it as a new file (which halved in file size for some reason, despite having removed all items with '0' use), then removed parts of it until I could export. Then I added them back. Now it works.

I still can't pinpoint the issue now that it's working. Technically everything that was there is still there and it exports.

It'd be great if there was some sort of error reporting so that people could tell what these issues are. I know it creates SWFs first, and I could create an SWF of the file without a hitch, I don't understand it. Between yesterday and today I have spent 7 hours on this issue. This included going from CC 2018 > 2019 for a lot of testing.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know you got your video out!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it occurred again and was driving me mad - I spent even more time investigating the issue. Here was the problem...

rainissue.png

In the screen I've attached, you can see I've highlighted 4 layers. These are four separate layers. The rain in my game/animation has maybe ~40 layers within a graphic, each a rain drop. When I had 4 instances of these graphics on one layer - Animate would shit itself when trying to export... for some reason. When I put each of the 4 instances into their own layers, as per the screenshot, I am able to export a video/SWF properly.

One layer + 4 graphics (each with 40 layers inside) = export stall. Four layers each with a graphic each = export success.

I ran the test many, many times and it happens only when I put them all back into a single layer.

Hopefully that helps someone else experiencing the same issue some day. I just wish I knew why it occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I feel these issues may be related, and your own solution helped guide me a little, and most importantly, my symptom was similar.  In fact, the export window progress almost immediately showed 20% complete.  One second later, it was 40% complete.  It took another second each to get to 41 and 42, and getting slower.  After about half an hour, it was still only at about 53%, and either stuck completely, or updating so slowly now as to make you think it was stuck.  But my animation was so simple that I could actually play it in within Animate in real-time!  (But that's no good for sharing.)  I had animated a very simple, crude face on three layers: eyes, nose, mouth.  But after lip-synching the mouth and blinking the eyes here and there, and whatnot, I decided I wanted to move all three pieces of the face together, as if the character was looking left or right or up or down.  So I copied all 3 layers into a new graphic symbol - "face" - and then started animting that symbol.  Animate could not handle this.  Or I guess, Player could not handle this?  After all, I already said in authoring mode, I could play the movie just fine. When I tried a "Test Movie", it would get bogged down and stop animating but while still playing the audio.  And we already talked about trying to export a video.  So, my workaround, was to go back to having the original three layers on the main timleine, and then having to add keyframes to each layer when I wanted them to move around together.  Pretty weird if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines