• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet Issues with Mojave OS. Does the CTL4100 work?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! So after updating to Mojave on my mac, turns out my Intuos 3 is no longer supported. I can get the cursor to move around on the screen but nothing clicks. Yes I've tried everything, old drivers, delete, reinstall, etc Teh closest I got was having it work like a mouse and clicking...but now I can't even get that back. Straight from Wacom's mouth, Intuos 3 is no longer supported so unless someone has some sort of workaround, I need a new tablet so I can continue working. My worry is that I'm going to have the same problem even with a new tablet!

So can anyone tell me for sure if the $79.99 Wacom CTL4100 works with the mojave OS and if it also works fine in photoshop & animate?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Go to System Preferences / Securit and Privacy / Privacy Tab / Accessibility / click the lock in the bottom left corner of your window to unlock (you'll need your password), then you can select the Wacom tablet in there. I just had the same problem and this worked great for me. Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

The only way I could get my Intuos 3 to work with Mojave was by uninstalling the Wacom driver first, then I installed the driver compatible with Intuos 3 (6.3.15-3). Go to Applications > Wacom Tablet > Wacom Tablet Utility and remove tablet software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

I tried to get my Intuos 3 to work for hours using many of the suggestions from here and from other sources. I got it to work by:

1. Unistalling the Wacom App

2. Doing a Library search under Wacom and deleting any related p.list files and any other Wacom files in my Library.

3. I then reinstalled the Wacom Driver app version: Intuos 3 (6.3.15-3)

4. In System Preferences, I added both the WacomTabletDriver.app and The WacomTabletSpringboard to allowed app in the Privacy tab.

I had tried installing the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to System Preferences / Securit and Privacy / Privacy Tab / Accessibility / click the lock in the bottom left corner of your window to unlock (you'll need your password), then you can select the Wacom tablet in there. I just had the same problem and this worked great for me. Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOMMGGG thank you!!! You just saved me! It worked!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...new problem....pressure sensitivity isn't working in PS ...seems to work ok in Animate though -_-

EDIT: Oh wait! Ah hah! Photoshop was also on the list needing to be unlocked! It works! I really don't like how I have to 'allow them to control my computer' but at least it's working and I can finish my job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I did the fix that you said but now the clicking works 60% of the time, but 40% of the time it doesn't which is still super frustrating. Any other ideas how to fix this? I have googled everything but can't find any more solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, chelseah78330694!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! My old Intuos 3 still works. Could replace it, but kind of attached!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work for me... unfortunately... first of all i didn't have wacom tablet driver under privacy/accessibility, i found it in the library added to the accessibility, checked it but nothing happened... any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could get my Intuos 3 to work with Mojave was by uninstalling the Wacom driver first, then I installed the driver compatible with Intuos 3 (6.3.15-3). Go to Applications > Wacom Tablet > Wacom Tablet Utility and remove tablet software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Autumn_N_, yours was the advice that FINALLY worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This WORKS!!

I had to install the Wacom Driver from Wacom first, then di the "Manual" fix, and works PEFECTLY.

https://github.com/thenickdude/wacom-driver-fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still works on mojave in 2023 - thanks for the link to the patch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get my Intuos 3 to work for hours using many of the suggestions from here and from other sources. I got it to work by:

1. Unistalling the Wacom App

2. Doing a Library search under Wacom and deleting any related p.list files and any other Wacom files in my Library.

3. I then reinstalled the Wacom Driver app version: Intuos 3 (6.3.15-3)

4. In System Preferences, I added both the WacomTabletDriver.app and The WacomTabletSpringboard to allowed app in the Privacy tab.

I had tried installing the above driver app multiple times without success. It only worked after I did step 2 above.

5. It seems to work perfectly on my new I-Mac 27, running OS10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton. This process was the only one that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I love you! Thank you for fixing my tablet!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines