Wacom mapping not working in Animate

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Wacom preferences are not working in Adobe Animate, and only this software. I am using a Wacom intuos on a Windows 10 pro machine. Windows, Adobe Animate, and Wacom drivers are all respectively up to date. The option to edit my settings particular to Animate is listed in preferences, but simply the preferences do not take. For the task I am doing I wish to use mouse mode not pen mode, but the switch will not register, same for changes to accelaration. This specification works fine in other Adobe platforms (photoshop, AE) open at the same time. Only animate is refusing to acknowledge the settings specified. Resets, device removal etc not helped. The same Wacom works fine with Animate on my OSX machine.
Advice?

TOPICS
Error, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i have the same problem. Have you solved it mate? or can anyone help?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I would suggest to experiment with enabling or disabling Windows Ink via the Wacom preferences dialog in Windows Control panel, specifically for Animate.

And then switching back and forth between WinTab and Windows Ink input in Animate Drawing Preferences.

Make sure you restart Animate and maybe even the computer if you see no changes in behaviour.

Try all possible combinations.

I only use one monitor and pen mode with WinTab and have no problems, but many people report all kinds of issues, so it is a mess...

If you're on a mac, I don't know.

Hope this helps!

Nick – Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team – extensions for character animation – flash-powertools dot com

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines