• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom monitor mapping issue v20.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only app that for some reason doesn't allow me to map my wacom to only one screen. When I have Animate open the wacom is mapped to both my screens even if the wacom tablet properties say otherwise.

Wacom, windows, all drivers are up to date.

Is this something anyone else has experienced with Animate? Super frustrating haha!

TOPICS
Error , Missing feature , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

I understand. This issue of Animate not being monitor aware is being investigate already. We will keep posted once there is a fix.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi, it works for me in Animate, but only on pen Mode, the pen pressure don't work on mouse mode...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Following this mapping saga could have been comical if it wasn't so sad.

They have been having very unpleasant issues with 20.0 and multi-monitor setups. You can read some of that here:   https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/drawing-tools-brush-pencil-eraser-appearing-not-calibrated-to...

So it may be that you now are experiencing THE FIX, that was released only yesterday (20.0.1)

Maybe that's what they did: to not get confused about coordinates the program always reads and interacts with the whole desktop. Interesting how they managed to override the Wacom driver...

Maybe you can try some of the older versions and see if that works better for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-availability.html#creative-cloud-2018-apps

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo yo!

Holy moly haha thanks for the low down 😃 I can't beleive I didn't notice the saga until now ^_^

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you eloborate on the mapping issue you are facing. Also can you let us know th kind of monitor/display setup and hardwares you have?

Are you facing the same issue with Animate 19.2.1?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you eloborate on the mapping issue you are facing. Also can you let us know th kind of monitor/display setup and hardwares you have?

Are you facing the same issue with Animate 19.2.1?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Arvind, sure.

I am on Windows 10 latest update, 2 screens. Main screen is a 28" Dell 4K and secondary screen is a 24" BenQ 1080. I run an RTX 2080 Super.

The mapping issue is pretty straightforward, only Adobe Animate is not mapped to the 28" screen, it's mapped to both screens. Whenever I click outside the application the mapping returns to only the one screen. I've been through the wacom settings etc. I've reverted to Animate v20.0 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Guess you are using a Wacom non-display tablet. If so please change Screen Area to Monitor 1(main) in Mapping tab for All Applications.

Let us know if this fixes your issue?Annotation 2019-12-16 181622.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first thing I checked, since the settings you highlighted above is how I usually work anyway haha! That's what I meant in my previous comment with "I've been through the wacom settings etc."

Thanks anyway 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. This issue of Animate not being monitor aware is being investigate already. We will keep posted once there is a fix.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, animate 2020 ignores wacom's mapping settings, is there still no solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Are there no fixes for this game breaking bug? It kinda pushes me towards using other software at this point, since i can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Just upgraded my setup from one screen to two today, was very excited until the issue in this thread happened to me, straight lines in the opposite direction of my non-tablet screen. After going to these settings it worked like magic. Very excited to get back to work!

For posterity, my issue showed up on a Huion tablet, and this fix worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been like 5 months since the topic was addressed and i'm still experiencing the mapping issue 😞  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Adobe (Animate) for not correcting their mistakes for almost half a yea.
The same problems that only Animate does not work with Wacom settings (ignores display on one screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new option has fixed the issue for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes finally a solution !!!

I could not use Animate 2020 and had ended up reinstalling the 2019 version.

This fix (in beta for now) seems to correct most of the problems.

Thank's 

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.
As it is a Beta version you might face some stylus interaction issues over the Application. It that case you can switch back to Wintab mode until we fix the issue with the former option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta option fixes it but then pen pressure won't work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable "Use Windows Ink" option in Tablet settings. If Wacom you will find it under Mapping/Calibrate tab.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it works for me in Animate, but only on pen Mode, the pen pressure don't work on mouse mode...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me, the pen pressure also doesn't work  when I use Windows Ink. Disabling Windows Ink causes the screen mapping error.

@arvind_bv any update on when this moght be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines