• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Monitor Mapping problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have this Wacom tablet. Not the screen type, just the pad type. I've updated the drivers, re-installed them, everything, and it works on all other programs. but for some reason Animate acts as if my map settings set up for one screen is meant to encompass both my screens. The only thing about this issue i could find is just adobe stating they know about it, is this issue going to be fixed? 

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Hi mate,

They probably will fix it one day. In fact what you are experiencing at the moment is the fix to some other problem in the 20.0 release.

So if you go back, I believe you will be fine until they have a real fix.

Try 20.0 first. If that does not work, go for 19.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Os are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

They probably will fix it one day. In fact what you are experiencing at the moment is the fix to some other problem in the 20.0 release.

So if you go back, I believe you will be fine until they have a real fix.

Try 20.0 first. If that does not work, go for 19.2.1

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i didn't realize i could go back to a previous update. I'm kinda new to the whole service in general, how does one use an older version of Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud app interface, you'll find something like 'other available versions'.

In the past you could choose any. These days it would be the last one or two only, but from what I've seen posted here on the forum, going back from 20.0.1 to 20.0 should solve your mapping issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it did, thank you for your assistance. Let's hope they fix it in their next update xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Does the mapping honor your settings once you click inside Animate window? or is it always mapped to both screens when you open Animate? Let us know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only maps to both screens when i click on Animate's window. If i exit Animate or click outside of the window to anything else outside of the program then the settings go back to the single screen mapping i set up previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Getting same problem! I try to use Animate... I just bought an Intuos 8 inch and i set it up to only be my screen 1. Wherever in windows i move the pen, i see the correct mapping, but as soon as i click inside thee animate window, POW! it instantly switches to mapping for both my screens, then remains so until i go back into the wacom tableet property and reselect MONITOR 1. Then it behaves normally again. Until i click inside animate, then pow, it's back to both my screens. BTW it's not like the choicee changes to "full" in the tablet property. it still says the right choice, but doesn't behave like it at all.

I'm curreently drawing with my mousee... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 20.0 and everything works like a charm!

Wow. I bought that intuos tablet YESTERDAY because i thought my bamboo was the problem 😞 Oh well, now i have an 8 by 5 instead of 5 by 3 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`ve updated to 20.0.2 and still have this issue. 

As for now, I`m stuck with 19.2.1.

Any updates from developers on this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in Animate 20.0.1 and Animate 20.0.2.
I set the "Keep proportion" setting on the Wacom tablet settings, but the Animate drawing interface doesn't take this into account. When I draw a circle with the Wacom pen, a horizontal ellipse is created in the drawing.
In Animate 20.0, and all the other graphics programs I use, including the latest version of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, "Keep Proportion" works flawlessly, this error doesn't occur anywhere else.
When does Adobe correct this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and you might face some stylus interaction issues over the Application. It that case you can switch back to Wintab mode until we fix the issue with the Windows Ink option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update (20.5), another version with tablet issues.

WinTab input: Mapping issues. Ignores Wacom mapping...

Windows Ink input: no RMB and other bugs. (I won't add any more details here, Adobe already has my bug report)

Every single software from Adobe works fine with Windows Ink disabled. (Except for Photoshop, which need some workaround). Heck, even ANIMATE worked fine with Windows Ink off until 20.0.1

Now I'm stuck with 20.0.0 because that's the only version I can use with a tablet.

Tablet technology has been around for years! Animate was working with it for years! What's going on now??

But hey, thanks for the rounded logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines