Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablets compatible with Adobe Animate CC

Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that this is the wrong forum post but I have absolutely NO IDEA why I can't create a new discussion in the Animate CC sub-forums. Nonetheless, let's get to the point here.

So, I'm looking to draw in Adobe Animate CC because I can't draw with a mouse and I think that's close to impossible for anyone as well. In order to resolve that, I'm looking to buy a SUPPORTED Wacom tablet for creating frame-by-frame animations so I have no clue to which drawing tablet would be great. As a freelancer, I have my eyes on the Wacom Intuos Draw Blue Pens and the Wacom Intuos Draw Creative Pen Tablet CTL-490DB-Blue.

I'm no professional in drawing tablets and this is the first time I'm going to buy one, so I'd like to buy on the recommendation of you guys.

THANKS IN ADVANCE​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Hi Flamcesco,

I have came across this thread - animate cc: Buttons for undo for tablet? ​which looks quite promising to me.

I suggest you also have a look at it and hopefully it shall work for you.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small bump for receiving further help with my query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man any Intous will work with Adobe products and while they're also not easy to use since you draw in one place and look in another they'll work fine animating frame by frame in Animate for sure! That one you picked will work fine as well. Personally I'd choose a lager device but that's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any tablet that is supported in your operating system will work in Animate.

BUT, I am an animator and I do not recommend doing frame by frame animation in Flash because the brushes are godawful and there is no support to make the process easier for you beyond rudimentary onion skinning. Try TV Paint, Toon Boom or Moho. Using Animate is really doing it the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Dean but I gotta disagree, I am also an animator for the last thirty years now and it's ENTIRELY possible to make a film traditionally in Animate. The brushes get better and better with each iteration and while they're certainly not perfect they are good enough to animate with.

Here's some examples... granted they're not broadcast quality but they're decent enough to say you can do a traditional 2d bit of animation in the program. Besides out of all the programs you listed Animate is the cheapest as well.

Dropbox - KCandKP-v029.mp4

Carbon 8 Explains It All - YouTube

Carbon-8 Paints a Wall - YouTube

Carbon-8 farts - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth noting that those animations were created in front of a live online audience too. The first one is especially good, because I'm in the credits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are indeed in the credits! Thanks for watching! Don't know if you heard but they're ending the Adobe Channel end of July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't heard that. Well, you're finished with that animation, so why should they go on...

At this point I guess it won't make sense to talk to them about doing my own stream, or about being a moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I've got SO many more ideasssssssssssss! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe Channel is going away? Adobe TV, the Adobe channel on Twitch, or the Adobe YouTube channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one we were talking was Twitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. Wow, though. I figured it would have been Adobe TV since it mostly points to help pages now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not saying it's not possible, my point is that everything you can do in Animate when doing frame by frame can be done quicker and easier and with better results with different software.

Unfortunately Animate is still the cheapest that's why many studios still use it despite the visible lack of quality in the finished product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those animations are awesome, Asymetrical! I have to agree with you on that point though. Animate is the cheapest in comparison to all other animation software and it's also available for a decent price. I've used Flash a lot in the past so I'm adjusted to using Animate for all my animation needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for your replies! deans67202452​ I've been a Flash user for pretty long time and I do understand that the brushes need a lot of reworking to do but Animate still seems good at certain points in regards to Toon Boom and other software but yes, I shall take your point into consideration. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Asymetrical. Intuos Draw only comes in a small. The Intuos Art comes in a medium which has an active area only a little smaller than the Intuos Pro, but be aware both the Art and the Draw only have 2048 pressure levels compared to the Intuos Pro's 8192 levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Myra! Yes, the Intuos Draw is quite small, in fact, I could go on with an Intuos Pro, however, as a beginner, I would like to go on with the Intuos Draw so that I can get started and used to drawing on a Wacom tablet. Later on, I will see if an upgrade is required. (I'm pretty sure, it will be a required upgrade in the future.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using a wacom Intuos for Adobe CC animate. There are buttons on the tablet, i want them to be shortcuts

But when i go to shortkeys settings, it doesn't work. For example, they key on the very right makes appear the windows tab. And when i clic on it to change it, it doesn't work... can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flamcesco,

I have came across this thread - animate cc: Buttons for undo for tablet? ​which looks quite promising to me.

I suggest you also have a look at it and hopefully it shall work for you.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah a Wacom intuos or cintiq tablet will totally work with Animate. and with the latest version of Animate there are settings for deciding whether to use stylus pressure or tilt to affect the drawing.

A tablet is great fun for drawing though. Get a tablet right now if you plan to do a lot of fiddly stuff on a computer, it saved my wrist!

I use an off-brand Wacom cintiq (xp-pen 24" display https://www.xp-pen.com/product/602.html ) as my secondary drawing monitor and absolutely love it for modeling, sculpting , painting, drawing etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines