Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp brush?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Does Animate have a Warp/Liquify Brush equivalent? The "Asset Warp Tool" in Animate is basically the "Puppet Tool" in Illustrator so I am super confused on naming conventions here!

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnCC does not have the equivalent of a "warp/liquify brush". The Free Transform tool does have a warp sub-selection however that might be of some use for you.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so unfortunate it does not! It's an amazing tool for animating and could be so powerful with all the other features in AnCC... The Free Transform tool warp sub-selection is more like editing a curve, the warp tool in AI is so much more versatile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds cool! Submit a formal feature request yet? 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JosephLabrecque I'll write one up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is fundamentally a vector-based animation tool, so expecting any kind of advanced bitmap manipulation features is a bit misguided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ClayUUD I don't understand how Animate vectors are so different from the vectors in Illustrator. Could you please explain why the Warp Tool would not work in AnCC? To clarify I mean this Warp Tool: https://youtu.be/-_Jgn-dhmVk?t=73 

Since I have a physical disability and can only use a mouse to interface with drawing apps, this tool is invaluable! But it would speed up everyone else's workflow too not needing to redraw or use a puppet warp to get a waterart/sandart type motion! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate doesn't have a warp brush, but it has an Asset Warp Tool. It can work with bitmaps.

Here's a video that shows the feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP81a2YM6-U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Colin_Holgate Yeah, but that is more the Puppet Warp tool in AI. I'm talking exclusively about vectors; why does everyone think I am saying for bitmaps/raster graphics? lol 

This is the tool I am talking about: https://youtu.be/-_Jgn-dhmVk?t=73 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines