Highlighted

webfonts full character set for dynamic text in canvas

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

html5 canvas - I need to use dynamic text boxes with an adobe web font (Cronos Pro) that supports a macron (diacritic) glyph, as it is used commonly in pacifica languages. However it appears that the built in feature in animate 19.2.1 does not allow the selection of a full character set, and it only appears to support the default, more limited character set. I've looked at enabling this through the fonts.adobe web projects section, but that doesn't appear to work for animate. (https://fonts.adobe.com/my_fonts#web_projects-section).

The result that I get is the characters using a macron default to a browser default font, which of course looks terrible.

I cannot find any reference in the published html or javascript for the font character set. I can only find within the js file the single line font spec with size and weight etc for each dynamic text field.

Has anybody got a workaround for this apparent lack of thought by adobe developers for other languages beyond the standard latin/germanic set?

Here is an extract from the javascript where the dynamic text is specified:

// Sentence3
this.text = new cjs.Text("   Even their child, Rūaumoko,\n      is calm", "normal 600 51px 'tk-cronos-pro'", "#813519");
this.text.lineHeight = 71;
this.text.lineWidth = 649;
this.text.parent = this;
this.text.setTransform(70,272.95);
if(!lib.properties.webfonts['tk-cronos-pro']) {
lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'] = lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'] || [];
lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'].push(this.text);
}

For some odd reason this new adobe support community wont let me attach files, so here's a url: http://roadworks.co/flip/takaturia1/testTextEfficiency11.html
TOPICS
Missing feature, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

webfonts full character set for dynamic text in canvas

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

html5 canvas - I need to use dynamic text boxes with an adobe web font (Cronos Pro) that supports a macron (diacritic) glyph, as it is used commonly in pacifica languages. However it appears that the built in feature in animate 19.2.1 does not allow the selection of a full character set, and it only appears to support the default, more limited character set. I've looked at enabling this through the fonts.adobe web projects section, but that doesn't appear to work for animate. (https://fonts.adobe.com/my_fonts#web_projects-section).

The result that I get is the characters using a macron default to a browser default font, which of course looks terrible.

I cannot find any reference in the published html or javascript for the font character set. I can only find within the js file the single line font spec with size and weight etc for each dynamic text field.

Has anybody got a workaround for this apparent lack of thought by adobe developers for other languages beyond the standard latin/germanic set?

Here is an extract from the javascript where the dynamic text is specified:

// Sentence3
this.text = new cjs.Text("   Even their child, Rūaumoko,\n      is calm", "normal 600 51px 'tk-cronos-pro'", "#813519");
this.text.lineHeight = 71;
this.text.lineWidth = 649;
this.text.parent = this;
this.text.setTransform(70,272.95);
if(!lib.properties.webfonts['tk-cronos-pro']) {
lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'] = lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'] || [];
lib.webFontTxtInst['tk-cronos-pro'].push(this.text);
}

For some odd reason this new adobe support community wont let me attach files, so here's a url: http://roadworks.co/flip/takaturia1/testTextEfficiency11.html
TOPICS
Missing feature, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears to be an abobe typekit issue, as the google font source sans pro works fine. Sadly there is no google font that looks like Cronos, and Cronos is what has been used in the printed book that I'm converting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0