Highlighted

WebGL Navigation Issue

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having a WebGL navigation issue.
I have made a project with multiple scenes. 
You start in a room called Enter. Once a symbol is clicked you move into a Hub where you can choose between three different rooms (scenes). You can choose to go to either Room 1, Room 2, or Room3, and then I want the user to go back to the hub to choose a different room. For some reason the navigation will only work if I choose to go to the rooms in the order they are in the scene panel. I want the user to decide which the order they go in each room. 

If I go to room 2 or 3 first, the link to go back to the hub doesn't work at all. Any ideas? 

Right now it only works if I go to room one, then back to the hub, then room 2, then back to the hub, then room 3 and back to the hub.

In each scene I am using the Action Script 

this.bttn_hub.addEventListener(AnEvent.CLICK, function() {
anWebgl.gotoScene("Hub");
});
-to return to the hub. 

Since I am using gotoScene() why can't I go back to the hub no matter what order? 

Here is a photo of the Hub scene. There is a button for room1, a button for room2, and a button for room3. In this image you can see the Actionscript for the room 1 button. 

digitalintrospect_0-1587029319791.png

This shows the button in Room 2 that leads back to the hub 

digitalintrospect_1-1587029478884.png

You can see in the scene panel that I start in scene "Enter", Under that is "Hub", then "Room1", Room2", and then "Room3". As long as I choose to click through in order everything works fine. 

Anyt help would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WebGL Navigation Issue

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having a WebGL navigation issue.
I have made a project with multiple scenes. 
You start in a room called Enter. Once a symbol is clicked you move into a Hub where you can choose between three different rooms (scenes). You can choose to go to either Room 1, Room 2, or Room3, and then I want the user to go back to the hub to choose a different room. For some reason the navigation will only work if I choose to go to the rooms in the order they are in the scene panel. I want the user to decide which the order they go in each room. 

If I go to room 2 or 3 first, the link to go back to the hub doesn't work at all. Any ideas? 

Right now it only works if I go to room one, then back to the hub, then room 2, then back to the hub, then room 3 and back to the hub.

In each scene I am using the Action Script 

this.bttn_hub.addEventListener(AnEvent.CLICK, function() {
anWebgl.gotoScene("Hub");
});
-to return to the hub. 

Since I am using gotoScene() why can't I go back to the hub no matter what order? 

Here is a photo of the Hub scene. There is a button for room1, a button for room2, and a button for room3. In this image you can see the Actionscript for the room 1 button. 

digitalintrospect_0-1587029319791.png

This shows the button in Room 2 that leads back to the hub 

digitalintrospect_1-1587029478884.png

You can see in the scene panel that I start in scene "Enter", Under that is "Hub", then "Room1", Room2", and then "Room3". As long as I choose to click through in order everything works fine. 

Anyt help would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I was able to reproduce your issue.

I'm not sure why this happens...

The fact that each scene seems to be loaded from a different folder with a different set of JavaScript, assets, and other files makes it harder to tell what's going on...

And it gets even harder considering that this document is still in beta and that it doesn't have a complete official documentation other than this one makes it even harder to understand.

What I think you can do by now if no one else comes out with a solution is to report this bug to the team here and try for now to separate your content using different frames and Movie Clips in the main timeline in one single scene.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0