Highlighted

WebOS

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What settings are necessary to publish content to a hosting servce to be viewable (with slideshow) on an LG SuperSign with WebOS browser.

Thank you

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WebOS

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What settings are necessary to publish content to a hosting servce to be viewable (with slideshow) on an LG SuperSign with WebOS browser.

Thank you

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coopers

According to this page webOS | Software | Information Display | Business | LG Global and here this quote in particular

Seamless Content Playback

During playback of diverse content such as videos, images, and HTML, enjoy seamless transition between screens with no black screen gaps with webOS. *The availability of features may vary by versions of webOS platform

and because I haven't found anything about Flash Player on that page, my educated guess would be that you should target the HTML5 Canvas platform.

This format is fully HTML5 and Javascript. It utilizes the canvas element and CreateJS library. It runs without plug-in on more or less all devices from desktop to mobile phone.

A good overview about creating and publishing HTML5 Canvas with Animate CC can be explored here:  Create HTML5 Canvas documents in Animate CC  

Since the publishing the above document some new features were added in later releases and infos can be found here: What's new and changed in the October 2018 release of Animate CC (version 19.0)

I hope this gives you some guidance

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the response.  I've been designing in the HTML5 canvas, but it seems as though the brouser does not recognize symbols.  Definitely Movie Clip.  Text will slide in, but not the symbolled image.  I'm wondering if there is any special publishing settings that need to be optimized.  I'm hoping to avoid additional hardware and software costs.  But LGs SuperSign Editor is super complicated and difficult for daily editing of digital signage with dynamic content.  Publishing to the web will become my easiest option, if I can get it to display correctly.

Thanks again for the help,

Anthony

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried testing your file on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox? Does it play on these browsers?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work in both Firefox and Chrome, but not Safari.

AC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2019 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an issue with some part of your code being unsupported by some browsers. I am not the expert here, and am hoping that the ACPs will chip in.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 0