• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird masking error when exporting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the 2019 Adobe Animate App, and for some reason, recently when I exported something, the eyes would be really weird, like clipping out of its mask. I'm assuming it's masking as this issue only occurs with the eyes, which are masked, so I apologise if it's wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've talked about this in a previous post, and I apologise if that's against the rules, but I stupidly made a new post without realising I made the old one and I don't know how to delete them. Hm.png2020-04-21 (3).png2020-04-21 (2).pngKnarmy-proof.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Hi again, mate!

Here is the fixed file:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8AKEZZvarJSb89moiEdEe9QM_NREFef/view?usp=sharing

The problem was that you are using Movie Clip Symbols as masks and these Movie Clips tend to loop like crazy during the runtime even though they have only one frame inside. So, for some reason, this creates those problems. Could be screen refresh or something else, I'm not sure exactly why.

To fix the masks, the only thing I had to do was change the Instance Type to Graphi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let us know the version and build number of Animate that you are using? Also, it would be helpful if you could share the fla file for us to take a look.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use the 2019 version of Adobe Animate (Animate 19.2.1). Unfortunately, I don't know what a build number is, so I apologise. As for the fla file, it won't let me edit the file in, coming up with this message instead.

2020-04-22 (2).png

Halfway through my second reply I realised I could've dropboxed it, so I apologise. Here. Thanks for helping me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dsdsn5teyk8805/Dadpole.fla?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It's impossible to know what is causing this behaviour if you don't post your FLA. 

If you're worried about your artwork, delete most other elements from the documents, but the structure of your file has to be examined to find out what is going on.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for replying. I'd try to add the file in, but for some reason, it won't let me... And I just realised I could've just dropboxed it..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dsdsn5teyk8805/Dadpole.fla?dl=0

Hopefully this would work, and thanks so much for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the FLA, mate!

For now I can only say that I could see the problem and the behaviour is observable and consistent in 19.2.1, 20.0.3, 18, 15.2 and others where I quickly published a SWF to test. 

I will try to get to the bottom of this, but will probably have the time for experimentation tomorrow.

When I have some clarity will post again here.

Will also send you a PM in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate!

Here is the fixed file:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8AKEZZvarJSb89moiEdEe9QM_NREFef/view?usp=sharing

The problem was that you are using Movie Clip Symbols as masks and these Movie Clips tend to loop like crazy during the runtime even though they have only one frame inside. So, for some reason, this creates those problems. Could be screen refresh or something else, I'm not sure exactly why.

To fix the masks, the only thing I had to do was change the Instance Type to Graphic in all keyframes on the timeline.

Then I stopped them, i.e. chose Single Frame from Looping Properties.

The fastest way to achieve this was to unlock only the mask layer. Then I activated Edit Multiple Frames spanning All Frames; Selected All and from Properties changed the Instance type to Graphic; then chose Single Frame.

That's all. Mask works as it should.

--

Just one more note: Never use Movie Clips in non-interactive projects. For character animation only use Graphic Symbols. They give a lot more control over what you do.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It took me a while to figure it out due to my inability to find 'edit multiple frames', but now they work great! Thank you for your help, I appreciate it so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most welcome, mate!

Your work looks great and shows huge potential.

I wish you every success possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines